Finally!!!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Finally!!!

Postby Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 pm

deadendjob wrote:Ned & Henry are the only two remaining players from the old regime.
(Not including Mackie as he left and came back).

Henry's had a contract re-sign, wonder if Ned's anywhere near the 55k pw reported.

And Caulker

trevsinclair85 wrote:
n22hoop wrote:
trevsinclair85 wrote:You're right! You never know when it might fall through with Sandro.

I seriously think this is massive. Getting his wages off the wage bill will let us focus on bringing a couple in. With the FFP still hanging over our heads, I think the people in charge of the club had stalled on any more incoming until we trimmed the wage bill.

Does this mean Ned & Caulker are next? I wouldn't be against these 2 leaving.

Agreed, although letting Ned go at the same time as Caulker might be unwise. If we could get some decent money for Caulker and get his wages off the bill, I'd be more comfortable with keeping Ned until the end of the season and then letting him go in the summer.

A bit irrelevant as Caulker isn't fit. But we would need to find cover for sure and Holloway would have to stop sticking Hall in midfield.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Postby Esox Lucius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:19 pm

deadendjob wrote:Ned & Henry are the only two remaining players from the old regime.

Henry's had a contract re-sign, wonder if Ned's anywhere near the 55k pw reported.

That article is 3 years old and although it hasn't been announced anywhere I was told by someone who works at the club ( I know, another ITK moron :D ) that he was to be offloaded during last Summer but he offered to take a 75% pay cut which would put him on £13,750 p.w.; on par with a lot of the current first teamers. I'm surprised that, if it is true, this hasn't been "leaked" to the press as it shows him in a good light. Throughout the vagaries of the CB position this season he, along with Caulker looked like the best pairing we have used so far IMO. Hall & Lynch looked the next best so not the end of the world if called upon.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Postby deadendjob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:

That article is 3 years old and although it hasn't been announced anywhere I was told by someone who works at the club ( I know, another ITK moron :D ) that he was to be offloaded during last Summer but he offered to take a 75% pay cut which would put him on £13,750 p.w.; on par with a lot of the current first teamers. I'm surprised that, if it is true, this hasn't been "leaked" to the press as it shows him in a good light. Throughout the vagaries of the CB position this season he, along with Caulker looked like the best pairing we have used so far IMO. Hall & Lynch looked the next best so not the end of the world if called upon.

Yeah, articles 3yo but he signed a 4.5 year contract. If what you're saying is true I'm surprised the club hasn't announced it. Maybe because 75% indicates how over paid our players were? Still could've been spun that he 'reduced wages to remain at QPR." I'd personally think higher of him if that was the case.

Satch wrote:
And Caulker

Ah yeah forgot about him

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:

It really would be a great gesture. Would your contact have had direct knowledge or was it based on internal hearsay?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby White Duck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Satch wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

It really would be a great gesture. Would your contact have had direct knowledge or was it based on internal hearsay?

Sounds like a performance related pay cut. Still massively overpaid mind.
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Postby Esox Lucius » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Satch wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

Definitely not direct knowledge, more inter office hearsay. I'm not that well connected any more, I doubt if Les even remembers who I am from his Hayes days and the occasional chats when he was parked next to me, on the way to the ground from the White City Estate when he was playing :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Postby Northolt_Rs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

KildarePete wrote:That Turkish club must have Dr. Nick Riveria on their medical staff:

Why has he moved on from our medical team? How Sandra blagged his way though our medical will remain a mystery. You only had to look at his previous playing record to see he is a terminal sick note.

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby RType » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Sandro is absolutely stealing a living. Imagine if you were the best paid employee at your company, and on the days you actually did go in to work (about 1 in 4) you got to go home just after lunch as you were unable to finish your shift! You have to admire it in a way.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby 222gers » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 pm

RType wrote:Sandro is absolutely stealing a living. Imagine if you were the best paid employee at your company, and on the days you actually did go in to work (about 1 in 4) you got to go home just after lunch as you were unable to finish your shift! You have to admire it in a way.

I agree it's absolutely sickening ( no pun intended), it reminds me of the old adage - if you are a rich man and don't work you are a bon vivant. If you are a poor man and don't work you are a layabout.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Postby Montag » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Perhaps he should've been an executive at a multi-national - wouldn't even have to get kicked now and then.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Jamie
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Postby Jamie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:36 am

Montag wrote:Perhaps he should've been an executive at a multi-national - wouldn't even have to get kicked now and then.

Initially read that as "perhaps he should've been executed" and thought, bit strong!
"I still don't like calling her (Rosie) a dog. She was better than that" - Harry Redknapp

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Postby wrinklyhoop » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:34 pm

trevsinclair85 wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C10IFhUXcAAQJx4.jpg:large

TFFT

Return to “QPR Discussion”