Finally!!!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Finally!!!

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Finally!!!

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

...did you check that he is not wearing our FOURTH KIT ?? ?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm

You're right! You never know when it might fall through with Sandro.

I seriously think this is massive. Getting his wages off the wage bill will let us focus on bringing a couple in. With the FFP still hanging over our heads, I think the people in charge of the club had stalled on any more incoming until we trimmed the wage bill.

Ad e nuff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ad e nuff » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Hope this calms everyones nerves.....http://www.f5haber.com/milliyet/sandro- ... i-6109107/

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:27 pm

I take it that's a 3.5 year contract. Who's going to tell then that equates to 12-15 games then ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by luke_mullet » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:31 pm

I wonder if they are paying the full contract or we are still paying some of his wages until his contract with us is up.

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:33 pm

That Turkish club must have Dr. Nick Riveria on their medical staff:

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 pm

thank you Dr Kildare ( Pete )
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:06 pm

luke_mullet wrote:I wonder if they are paying the full contract or we are still paying some of his wages until his contract with us is up.
He left on a free. I'd imagine we've removed all payment rights to him.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

deadendjob wrote:
luke_mullet wrote:I wonder if they are paying the full contract or we are still paying some of his wages until his contract with us is up.
I guess we might have given him a lump sum. Either way, it's done, one more expensive mistake banished (other than from the accounts).

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Satch wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
I guess we might have given him a lump sum. Either way, it's done, one more expensive mistake banished (other than from the accounts).
If we have given him a lump sum then there is little point in talking about what has been saved on his salary

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm

trevsinclair85 wrote:You're right! You never know when it might fall through with Sandro.

I seriously think this is massive. Getting his wages off the wage bill will let us focus on bringing a couple in. With the FFP still hanging over our heads, I think the people in charge of the club had stalled on any more incoming until we trimmed the wage bill.
Does this mean Ned & Caulker are next? I wouldn't be against these 2 leaving.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Satch wrote:
deadendjob wrote: He left on a free. I'd imagine we've removed all payment rights to him.
If we have given him a lump sum then there is little point in talking about what has been saved on his salary
It's only media conjecture though. I haven't seen the club come out and say we've made a saving. I'm not saying we have, but it's plausible we've offered him some cash to get rid and at least save some cash.

Caulker has been linked with Swansea, but no idea what status his fitness is, i'd hoped he'd have a good 6 months and we would recoup a bit of the outlay. I like Ned and some have suggested he took a pay cut. But if a good offer came in then the club should consider it.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Ned & Henry are the only two remaining players from the old regime.
(Not including Mackie as he left and came back).

Henry's had a contract re-sign, wonder if Ned's anywhere near the 55k pw reported.

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:01 pm

n22hoop wrote:
trevsinclair85 wrote:You're right! You never know when it might fall through with Sandro.

Does this mean Ned & Caulker are next? I wouldn't be against these 2 leaving.
Agreed, although letting Ned go at the same time as Caulker might be unwise. If we could get some decent money for Caulker and get his wages off the bill, I'd be more comfortable with keeping Ned until the end of the season and then letting him go in the summer.