Gladwin

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Gladwin

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:54 pm

to be fair there must be some scratching of heads at Loftus Road too

I'm guessing, as was outlined here earlier, he was taken as a makeweight with Luongo etc?
If so somebody must have said OK, I can do something with him, he shows promise etc

But that's the worst thing, he never did. No effort, no intent.

I'm really surprised as I'm sure inwardly he'll have been trying -just that outwardly it never happened. I've given him enough flack and maybe it's time to recognize he's gone, unlikely to return and wish him well.

Add him to that long list of notables who never made it, but were hyped as if they could.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Jamie
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Can see why we took a gamble on him. Flavour of the month at Swindon. Decent technique, can beat a man. Good shot on him.

Just didn't work for him at all.

He was only playing non league football relatively recently, so this seemed a step too far for him.

Hopefully he can maybe get back some sort of form at Swindon.
"I still don't like calling her (Rosie) a dog. She was better than that" - Harry Redknapp

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:25 pm

I'll be glad when he wings it. Or just Glad if we win with him in the team. Sad.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 am

Jamie wrote:Can see why we took a gamble on him. Flavour of the month at Swindon. Decent technique, can beat a man. Good shot on him.

He was only playing non league football relatively recently, so this seemed a step too far for him.

You're having a laugh right?

Jamie
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Jamie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Jamie wrote:Can see why we took a gamble on him. Flavour of the month at Swindon. Decent technique, can beat a man. Good shot on him.

Why? Signings aren't guaranteed to work. The bloke isn't shit. He's only started about eight times for us and never played in a run of games to get any sort of form.

He looked decent at Swindon before we signed him. And I'm saying that you can see why we did sign him.

What are you disagreeing with?
"I still don't like calling her (Rosie) a dog. She was better than that" - Harry Redknapp

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Jamie wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

Why? Signings aren't guaranteed to work. The bloke isn't shit. He's only started about eight times for us and never played in a run of games to get any sort of form.

He looked decent at Swindon before we signed him. And I'm saying that you can see why we did sign him.

- He wasn't that good at Swindon (feedback from their fans as I live there)
- No technique that I can see (basic short balls and no penetration)
- No pace
- No creativity
- Never seen him make a tackle
- Never seem him head a ball

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Jamie wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

- No pace
- No creativity
I'd add that he never seemed to put much effort in: surely if you have a chance to show the management and fans what you can do then you'd at least show for the ball and run around a bit?
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Jamie wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

- No pace
- No creativity
He was scoring goals for Swindon and he clearly looks the part in training technique wise (as Holloway mentioned before). So as Jamie says, you can see why we took a gamble, especially as it appeared to be what eased through the Luongo deal to shaft Spurs (Even with 'Tottenham Les' in charge). I agree he hasn't looked good on the pitch mostly (done ok a couple of times) and he is very languid (as someone put it to me recently). But that doesn't alter the original intent. We aren't paying the money guarantees require.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 pm

Satch wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:
Jamie wrote:

- No pace
- No creativity
He was scoring goals for Swindon and he clearly looks the part in training technique wise (as Holloway mentioned before). So as Jamie says, you can see why we took a gamble, especially as it appeared to be what eased through the Luongo deal to shaft Spurs (Even with 'Tottenham Les' in charge). I agree he hasn't looked good on the pitch mostly (done ok a couple of times) and he is very languid (as someone put it to me recently). But that doesn't alter the original intent. We aren't paying the money guarantees require.
The qualities you mention do not translate into the opinions of my friends who are season ticket holders at Swindon town. But each to their own.......

Jamie
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Jamie » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:07 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Satch wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:
- No pace
- No creativity
The qualities you mention do not translate into the opinions of my friends who are season ticket holders at Swindon town. But each to their own.......
When we bought him there was reasonably high praise of him. Lots of talk of his long range shooting with both feet, and ability to beat a man. Pretty sure he scored like 8 in 8 or something just before we bought him.

It's not worked for him, and I have no idea what his best position is. But then that often ends up being the case for a lot of players that QPR sign.