Gladwin

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Gladwin

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 am

Gone back to Swindon on loan for the rest of the season. The good work has started!

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Gladwin

Post by stainesranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:15 am

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't good but by his very low standards I thought that was his best game for us vs Blackburn. In that he touched the ball on a few occasions and didn't give it away everytime.

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:17 am

Let's be fair, he's awful. Every time I've seen him, he's looked as lethargic as Leroy Fer.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:07 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you.

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by trevsinclair85 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm

I know :)

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Will do him some good to get away from a toxic atmosphere. Whilst he hasn't looked great, i don't see that changing if he can't get a break from his own fans. People talk about why we can't find cheap lower league players and turn them into money spinners like Brentford. Maybe the issue isn't finding them.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Presumably you mean in the ground, rather than in discussion boards?

I've never booed anyone (save boswingwa), but I think the fans in the ground can be forgiven the odd collective exasperated show of frustration where players play consistently badly? It would be hard to stifle groans when a player makes a mistake. Unfortunately for him he does make a few of them every match.

I think people would be equally happy to cheer him if he whipped a good ball into the box, played a neat pass, worked the keeper or even put a tackle in.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 pm

stainesranger wrote:Presumably you mean in the ground, rather than in discussion boards?

I've never booed anyone (save boswingwa), but I think the fans in the ground can be forgiven the odd collective exasperated show of frustration where players play consistently badly? It would be hard to stifle groans when a player makes a mistake. Unfortunately for him he does make a few of them every match.

I think people would be equally happy to cheer him if he whipped a good ball into the box, played a neat pass, worked the keeper or even put a tackle in.
Yep in the ground.

Maybe let him get on the pitch before the groans start?
Last edited by Satch on Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ickenham R

Post by Ickenham R » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:46 pm

whilst it's not pleasant sometimes the stick that's given - I think we give most players a chance.

Polter was by no means a great footballer but you could see that he gave 100% of what he had in him whenever he was on the pitch - and you can't ask for more, and he became almost a cult hero.

I don't think Gladwin gave that impression and given the chance of starting against Blackburn didn't appear to be busting a gut

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 pm

exactly, and that all the more frustrating
for most supporters who'd give an awful lot to be in his place, to see him just ineffectually wandering around not bothered, no tackling, no running for the ball etc just made me sick.

Almost like he didn't want to be there.
Well now he isn't so good riddance, hopefully to go and get another job that he might be better at.
I'll raise a glass to those poor fellows at Swindon that have got the bugger back for the rest of the season.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Has being at LR been the problem for Gladwin --- or just not being at Swindon? There have been enough cases of players not being able to perform properly once away from their "home" (even after big money transfers) to accept that it is something that does happen and he has shown signs of being another sufferer.

And (though we don't know the reasons) he seems to have had a lot of short stays at a lot of clubs for someone of his age?
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:28 pm

I think trying to be a footballer has been a problem for him.

Evo Stik league at best and I'm not being cruel. One of the worst seen in a hoop

am I being generous? naughty
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:29 pm

DAVEf wrote:Has being at LR been the problem for Gladwin...
Dunno, it's been a problem for me though this season...
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Swindon fans will not be happy to see him back. I live in that town, unfortunately.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:39 pm

Very poor player....then I don't know if he is poor because he is lacking the basic of football or because of his lack
of attitude...but he has been one of the worst players that I have ever seen wandering around the pitch, looking like a lost
tourist trying to find his way.. :roll: :roll: :roll: