Team vs Reading

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Team vs Reading

Post by old pauline » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Is lua lua available ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:24 pm

MacNee?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:I still think Hall should be captain - he'd grow into that role no trouble
Good shout
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:I still think Hall should be captain - he'd grow into that role no trouble
I'd be inclined to let him focus on his game at the moment. He was on a quite poor run of form for a while until recently and he's got relatively few appearances for his age. If Chief isn't playing then Lynch seems a decent candidate.

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 pm

I don't know if shodipo is being used sparingly to protect him or maybe it's just that not much can be expected of a young player and the thinking is that we need results and can't afford to gamble on a youngster when our situation is so perilous?

But there's no doubt he's been good when he's played. I think he should be in the team.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 pm

stainesranger wrote:I don't know if shodipo is being used sparingly to protect him or maybe it's just that not much can be expected of a young player and the thinking is that we need results and can't afford to gamble on a youngster when our situation is so perilous?

But there's no doubt he's been good when he's played. I think he should be in the team.
Maybe, tbf no one else is offering much, so it doesn't seem a big gamble. No idea why Eze was ahead of him.

greedman

Post by greedman » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Looks like Furlong will start tomorrow:

And that chance might come at the Madejski Stadium, where Holloway is ready to turn to Furlong unless Perch makes a swift recovery.

It would be Furlong’s Championship debut – his previous league appearances for QPR came in the top flight.

“We’ve sent Perchy home. He absolutely looked totally dreadful – he really felt quite ill,” Holloway said.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/magn ... pr-reading
I Went Outside Once, The Graphics Are Okay But, The Gameplay Was Horrible

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:34 pm

I probably wouldn't have brought him in if Perch was fit, but i'll be looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully the article is right and Sylla is fit.

It might be worth trying to get Kakay out on loan somewhere as well.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 pm

greedman wrote:Looks like Furlong will start tomorrow:

And that chance might come at the Madejski Stadium, where Holloway is ready to turn to Furlong unless Perch makes a swift recovery.

It would be Furlong’s Championship debut – his previous league appearances for QPR came in the top flight.

“We’ve sent Perchy home. He absolutely looked totally dreadful – he really felt quite ill,” Holloway said.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/magn ... pr-reading
"Perchy" eh ? I suppose "Percho" would have been the alternative in footballspeak.

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Satch wrote:I probably wouldn't have brought him in if Perch was fit, but i'll be looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully the article is right and Sylla is fit.

Sylla didn't play against Blackburn because it was just 6 days after his concussion in the Ipswich game which falls inside FA guidelines. He should be fit as he'll have spent those 6 days in light activity/assessment and this week in normal training.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:39 pm

LanCat wrote:
Satch wrote:I probably wouldn't have brought him in if Perch was fit, but i'll be looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully the article is right and Sylla is fit.

Sylla didn't play against Blackburn because it was just 6 days after his concussion in the Ipswich game which falls inside FA guidelines. He should be fit as he'll have spent those 6 days in light activity/assessment and this week in normal training.
That's just the minimum though. Although it didn't sound too serious. Oddly despite the gulf in form. I fancy a 1-1.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Cousins is out, possibly long term, waiting on the results of a scan on his thigh.

Also i can only assume Hall is definitely starting in midfield again. Otherwise i would have expected Onuoha to take Perch's slot at right back. I think we should give 4-4-2 a try now with Mackie and Sylla up front together.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Hopefully we are looking at :-

Smithies

Furlong
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Luongo
Borisyuk
Manning

Wzsolek
Sylla
Lua Lua

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 pm

I really think it will be Hall in midfield, but i hope i'm wrong. I do like the look of that side though.

I think he might keep Mackie in the team. Tbf he's looked pretty good and you can't fault is effort.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Satch wrote:I really think it will be Hall in midfield, but i hope i'm wrong. I do like the look of that side though.

I think he might keep Mackie in the team. Tbf he's looked pretty good and you can't fault is effort.
My only concern is that Reading will keep possession and Mackie would chase a lost cause without result - possibly similar for Hall if we put him centre mid.