Team vs Reading

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Team vs Reading

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:For me though Cousins, Bidwell, Shopido, Yeni and Borysiuk all need to improve significantly for them to be considered solid first team players.
They won't improve without game time (and patience from the fans...)
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
BiscuitRanger wrote:For me though Cousins, Bidwell, Shopido, Yeni and Borysiuk all need to improve significantly for them to be considered solid first team players.
Nonsense, youth team players and cheap signings from abroad should magically come ready formed to take this league by storm.

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Of course I agree.. but Cousins and Bidwell should be used to 'English' football.
Shopido clearly needs more seasoning, and the other two definitely need game time.
All need to improve to be solid championship players
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:09 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Bear-Grills wrote:
Of course I agree.. but Cousins and Bidwell should be used to 'English' football.
Shopido clearly needs more seasoning, and the other two definitely need game time.
All need to improve to be solid championship players
I think Shodipo has looked good on all but one occasion.

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Devonranger wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Devonranger wrote:And that's where I think we have lacked someone else to sit in midfield and hold play together to allow Luongo to move further forward.
I mean luongo is an attacking player, bit like what Woy did in the euros playing Wilshire as a holding midfielder it's just not Luongo's position.

I honestly thought after Cousins won Charlton poty two years running that we had signed a box to box beast which dominated the midfield, oops I got that wrong.
Think you need someone to sit and screen the back four, bit of aerial power, good tackling ability but can spread the ball - put that together with Cousins and release Luongo a bit further forward.
My Charlton supporting friend said we had signed a young Patrick Vieria type player. I told him last week it's more like Patrick Trueman

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Devonranger wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
I mean luongo is an attacking player, bit like what Woy did in the euros playing Wilshire as a holding midfielder it's just not Luongo's position.

I honestly thought after Cousins won Charlton poty two years running that we had signed a box to box beast which dominated the midfield, oops I got that wrong.
Think you need someone to sit and screen the back four, bit of aerial power, good tackling ability but can spread the ball - put that together with Cousins and release Luongo a bit further forward.
My Charlton supporting friend said we had signed a young Patrick Vieria type player. I told him last week it's more like Patrick Trueman
:lol:

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Devonranger wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

I'll see your Trueman and raise you a Troughton
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:05 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Ramsgate_Hoop wrote:
Devonranger wrote:
I'll see your Trueman and raise you a Troughton
I'm all in on Stewart

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:24 pm

I give you a Sharp ....

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 pm

We always seem to do ok at reading. No way will we get turned over 3 or 4 nil.

For me it's all about grant hall. The guy is sheer class and on a par with smithies as our best player.

Stick him at DCM with lynch and onuoha at centre backs and the likes of mackie and wzolek further forward and we've got a chance.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 pm

old pauline wrote:We always seem to do ok at reading. No way will we get turned over 3 or 4 nil.

For me it's all about grant hall. The guy is sheer class and on a par with smithies as our best player.

Stick him at DCM with lynch and onuoha at centre backs and the likes of mackie and wzolek further forward and we've got a chance.
Except they're in their best form for some time where as ours is less than stellar. Hall is a good centre half so let's leave him there. I really don't see the merit in putting him in the centre of midfield, he's done ok there, but he's not dominating games (not surprisingly). Why not leave him to develop at centre half and Borysiuk in the midfield role.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Think Hall is one of those who has been a positive under Holloway - think he might be wasted at DCM on this occasion as Reading will knock it around us - might be chasing shadows.

Smithies

Furlong
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Wzsolek
Borisyuk
Cousins
Manning

Luongo
Sylla

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Satch wrote:
old pauline wrote:We always seem to do ok at reading. No way will we get turned over 3 or 4 nil.

Except they're in their best form for some time where as ours is less than stellar. Hall is a good centre half so let's leave him there. I really don't see the merit in putting him in the centre of midfield, he's done ok there, but he's not dominating games (not surprisingly). Why not leave him to develop at centre half and Borysiuk in the midfield role.
Agreed about reading's form. They've come from nowhere to take third place.

I just think hall is so composed at DCM and his defensive qualities go without saying meaning that you know that their no. 10 is going to be kept quiet and he's going to pick out a good pass to the likes of wzolek and mackie on the wings time and time again.
Come on you Sooopa ........

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:40 pm

Wasn't sure about hall in centre mid but he was good vs Blackburn.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm

I still think Hall should be captain - he'd grow into that role no trouble
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question