Team vs Reading

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Team vs Reading

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:43 pm

Injuries permitting, wax hoping it would look like

Smithies

Perch
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Luongo
Cousins

Wzsolek
Mackie
Shodipo

Sylla

trevsinclair85
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Team vs Reading

Post by trevsinclair85 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:45 pm

I want to see Shodipo given a fair crack on the left wing. I think the kid has something about him. The kind of winger I like, puts the ball in early.

222gers
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Ollie said after the cup thriller that he wouldn't pick " that side" again. Trouble is, it's fairly certain most of them will turn out against Reading. There really aren't that many options at the moment.

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Devonranger wrote:Injuries permitting, wax hoping it would look like

Smithies

Perch :( Onuoha :D
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Luongo :( Berserk :D
Cousins

Wzsolek
Mackie :( Luongo :D
Shodipo

Sylla
Last edited by westlondonlalala on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Actually, forgot about Manning - cannot see Shodipo starting away if Ollie reluctant to start him in home games.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:52 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Devonranger wrote:Injuries permitting, wax hoping it would look like

Smithies

Perch :(
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Luongo
Cousins

Wzsolek
Mackie :(
Shodipo

Sylla
Forgot we have young Darnell back - how about this then Wests :-

Smithies

Furlong
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Luongo
Cousins
Manning

Wzsolek
Sylla
Yeni

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Yep furlong over onuoha I'll take that, but luongo can beat a man pick a pass cool in possession he's worth a try further up the field in my opinion.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:03 pm

And that's where I think we have lacked someone else to sit in midfield and hold play together to allow Luongo to move further forward.

westlondonlalala
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:12 pm

Devonranger wrote:And that's where I think we have lacked someone else to sit in midfield and hold play together to allow Luongo to move further forward.
I mean luongo is an attacking player, bit like what Woy did in the euros playing Wilshire as a holding midfielder it's just not Luongo's position.

I honestly thought after Cousins won Charlton poty two years running that we had signed a box to box beast which dominated the midfield, oops I got that wrong.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:16 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Devonranger wrote:And that's where I think we have lacked someone else to sit in midfield and hold play together to allow Luongo to move further forward.
I mean luongo is an attacking player, bit like what Woy did in the euros playing Wilshire as a holding midfielder it's just not Luongo's position.

I honestly thought after Cousins won Charlton poty two years running that we had signed a box to box beast which dominated the midfield, oops I got that wrong.
Think you need someone to sit and screen the back four, bit of aerial power, good tackling ability but can spread the ball - put that together with Cousins and release Luongo a bit further forward.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:56 pm

It's far too early to write off Cousins, he had a great game against Derby. As with many of our players, they are young and need a run of games and some self-confidence.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am

what are the odds on us scoring a goal ? If Sylla is still injured, who will play up front with Polter on his way out and Eze unavailable ?

We are in a mess .... I predict a 3-0 home win and - as usual - hope I am wrong

BiscuitRanger
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 am

Greyhound wrote:It's far too early to write off Cousins, he had a great game against Derby. As with many of our players, they are young and need a run of games and some self-confidence.
I would like to agree on the too early comment and the same can be said of any number of players.

For me though Cousins, Bidwell, Shopido, Yeni and Borysiuk all need to improve significantly for them to be considered solid first team players.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:Yep furlong over onuoha I'll take that, but luongo can beat a man pick a pass cool in possession he's worth a try further up the field in my opinion.
I feel like he's better with a the freedom to pick the the ball up deeper. Push the play forward a bit. In a midfield 3 i think suits, where he doesn't have to provide as much cover. Is Borysiuk fit? I like him and the base with Luongo and Cousins able to get forward a bit more. Tbf to the latter, he hasn't had a ton of games in the middle and he seems plagued by niggling injuries. It wouldn't surprise me to see Doughty start tbh and Holloway to stick Lua Lua straight in on the left.

Smithies

Onuoha
Hall
Lynch
Bidwell

Cousins
Borysiuk (if fit)
Luongo

Wszolek
Sylla (if fit)
Shodipo

Although i think it will be Doughty in one of the midfield spots, Lua Lua in for Shodipo and quite possibly Mackie also.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Greyhound wrote:It's far too early to write off Cousins, he had a great game against Derby. As with many of our players, they are young and need a run of games and some self-confidence.
I would like to agree on the too early comment and the same can be said of any number of players.

For me though Cousins, Bidwell, Shopido, Yeni and Borysiuk all need to improve significantly for them to be considered solid first team players.
I think Borysiuk looks solid and Shodipo good, he just needs to get out on the pitch to show that. Bidwell doesn't have a lot of competition really.