QPR will listen to offers for Polter

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: QPR will listen to offers for Polter

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:55 pm

deadendjob wrote:SSN
Sky sources have told us FC Union Berlin have made a bid in the region of £3m for QPR striker Sebastian Polter.

We understand QPR are listening to offers for the player and it is thought Polter would welcome a move back to Germany.
Mean's we'd have made a £1.5m profit?
It will take around 500yrs before we are in profit on player transfers.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sky sources have told us FC Union Berlin have made a bid in the region of £3m for QPR striker Sebastian Polter.

We understand QPR are listening to offers for the player and it is thought Polter would welcome a move back to Germany.
I meant just in terms of transfer fee. In recent years we've rarely sold players on at more than we purchased them for.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:32 pm

deadendjob wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

I meant just in terms of transfer fee. In recent years we've rarely sold players on at more than we purchased them for.
Yep I know what you meant, I just struggle to raise a smile when we profit on a player compared to the self implosion that has taken place over the last 5yrs.

But all the same if someone wants to pay 3m for Polter I'll drive him to the airport, tell them they can have Washington for an extra 50k

We all love Polter and he has improved but he'll be forgotten within a week or two, on that basis sell him

Hoop'83
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hoop'83 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:34 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Yep I know what you meant, I just struggle to raise a smile when we profit on a player compared to the self implosion that has taken place over the last 5yrs.

But all the same if someone wants to pay 3m for Polter I'll drive him to the airport, tell them they can have Washington for an extra 50k

We all love Polter and he has improved but he'll be forgotten within a week or two, on that basis sell him
You're all heart you are!
@kischmusic

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 pm

I've forgotten about him already.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 pm

Hoop'83 wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
deadendjob wrote: I meant just in terms of transfer fee. In recent years we've rarely sold players on at more than we purchased them for.

No heart in football, poor old Polter will become a millionaire somewhere else.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Hoop'83 wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

No heart in football, poor old Polter will become a millionaire somewhere else.
Couldn't agree more lala.....

Players, coaches, managers even owners come and go..... Only the fans are here for life...

There are some ex players etc we love just that little bit more for maybe sporting reasons, loyalty to the club or your just someone like Stan but Polter, Chery et al will be forgotten in a few weeks if they leave....

That's not deriding the pleasure they have given me in some of their performance's for the club, I would wish them well at their new club and even better if we get our money back or make a profit on them.... It makes a nice change!
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:38 pm

And that's why you can't complain when players won't give their all for the shirt. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Deal agreed now apparently.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/WestLondonSp ... 6445685760

If Washington were to join Chery, Sandro, and Polter, that would be four of our top five goalscorers out the door.

Could do with a positive arrival to give the playing side a boost.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:05 am

Esox Lucius wrote:And that's why you can't complain when players won't give their all for the shirt. :roll:
What colour is the sky on the planet you live on Esox?

Giving all for the shirt? What complete tosh.....

I'm happy if a player gives a 100%, you know a Mackie..... a Faurlin..... a Hill..... Christ even a BARTON....

Weren't worth the money we paid him but he always put a shift in and Sean Dyche is happy enough to re-sign him after the Rangers debacle and an FA betting investigation hanging over him.....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:01 am

Real shame about Polter imo. His attitude was spot on, got so much grief from the crowd when he first arrived before winning most over, always gave 100%, would celebrate wildly when he was a sub with the players that took his place, vocal, enthusiastic. I enjoyed watching him play and he was a real handful on his day too. Pretty much everything we are looking for in a player.

Having said that, if he wanted to go home and we're getting a good price for him then maybe it's best for all.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 am

It's a good deal for the club, but I'll be sad to see him leave.

A really good character to have around the place, and was a right handful on his day.

Have to say I'm surprised by this. When Olly came in, he saw Polter as the main man - not Sylla.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:05 am

Agree with everything you guys are saying about him, can't fault his effort etc etc..

But 11 goals in 56 apps for a striker is not great, I know there is more to his game than goals but as we don't score many we need a loan target man that can find the back of the net a little more often, I think Sylla is on 6 goals in 18 games that is a little more like it.

Jamie
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:33 am

There is no chance in a million years that Union Berlin have £3 million quid available to spend on a striker.

Reckon we've made what we've spent on him or they're going to pay £1.5 million when they win the Bundesliga.

Anyway, bye Polter. You were the most entertaining player we've had in a while. Gave his absolute all for us and was a good signing.
Might be things behind the scenes, but we'll not know until Holloway gets some sly digs in in his next presser.

No Polter, No Party.
"I still don't like calling her (Rosie) a dog. She was better than that" - Harry Redknapp

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 am

Far more disappointed to see Polts go than Chery.