QPR will listen to offers for Polter

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: QPR will listen to offers for Polter

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 pm

I'n finding this hugely irritating, not necessarily fot Polter but for the huge change in players we're about to endure...yet again. How many times do we need to hear 'players need time to settle' before we actually give them time to do it.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm

I'd be sorry to see him go and i can't see us getting much of a return on him yet. I'm rather concerned that Holloway is using the current squad as an excuse. Imo an overhaul is the last thing we need. January rarely offers good value and trying to gel together several new players is tricky. I'm also worried the club aren't sticking to it's guns and allowing short term fixes.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Satch wrote:I'd be sorry to see him go and i can't see us getting much of a return on him yet. I'm rather concerned that Holloway is using the current squad as an excuse. Imo an overhaul is the last thing we need. January rarely offers good value and trying to gel together several new players is tricky. I'm also worried the club aren't sticking to it's guns and allowing short term fixes.

Agree with this.

I think Polter does OK and is a good back up for Sylla. Waiting to hear we are going to offload Sandro and maybe Caulker , that would seem to make more sense.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Polter is ok and you sell when you have signed someone better.

I hope Ollie isn't going over the top during the window. We looked ok in parts against Brighton, won our last two, let's build on this and not turn the squad upside down.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:30 pm

This is a strange one. I wouldn't have thought we'd get any more than the £1m we paid for Polter. Not exactly a transfer war chest is it?

It's also surprising as Ollie has spoken well of him. Although Polter has definitely fallen behind Sylla in the striker pecking order I'd still expect him to be ahead of Washington, who I'd prefer was shipped out.

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Not a problem with that..apart from Sylla we don't have a forward that can score regularly. Sadly you can't fault Seb and Washingtons work rate but are at best League 1 standard.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:05 pm

dm wrote:This is a strange one. I wouldn't have thought we'd get any more than the £1m we paid for Polter. Not exactly a transfer war chest is it?

It's also surprising as Ollie has spoken well of him. Although Polter has definitely fallen behind Sylla in the striker pecking order I'd still expect him to be ahead of Washington, who I'd prefer was shipped out.
Very much agree with this. Polter works tirelessly and seems a positive influence on and off the pitch. He started to build a good partnership with Chery but then we chopped and changed players again and it fell by the way side.
Satch wrote:I'd be sorry to see him go and i can't see us getting much of a return on him yet. I'm rather concerned that Holloway is using the current squad as an excuse. Imo an overhaul is the last thing we need. January rarely offers good value and trying to gel together several new players is tricky. I'm also worried the club aren't sticking to it's guns and allowing short term fixes.
nailonhead

bongo king
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bongo king » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:20 pm

Lee Gib wrote:I'n finding this hugely irritating, not necessarily fot Polter but for the huge change in players we're about to endure...yet again. How many times do we need to hear 'players need time to settle' before we actually give them time to do it.
Agreed. It also makes you wonder what's the point of a DOF, tech team and plan if Ollie or whoever's manager can just go out and get more players (and I say that from the viewpoint that DOFs not an awful thing / Les has done alright all things considered).

As for Polti he's OK IMO, not great not awful - mid to low champ standard. Let me put it this way, it will be tough replace him with better from the sale proceeds, which I guess we'll have to aim to do if we're aiming to stay inside FFP.

Jamie
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Jamie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Lee Gib wrote:I'n finding this hugely irritating, not necessarily fot Polter but for the huge change in players we're about to endure...yet again. How many times do we need to hear 'players need time to settle' before we actually give them time to do it.
Absolutely this.

Why is another transfer window of 6 in 6 out going to help us? A load of loan players at cost.

Look, we're not going to get relegated. So try planning for next season and the season after.

I'm fed up of the constant need for more blood. It just satisfies the worst elements of our fan base.

I like Polter. He's the sort of player that we need. Sylla is evidently first choice, but Polter is decent back up. He's a good character to have around.

No Polter No Party.
"I still don't like calling her (Rosie) a dog. She was better than that" - Harry Redknapp

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:27 pm

Of course no quotes and I expect every team listens for offers.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:34 pm

I will say about Polter, he's probably our most improved player since the beginning of last season. I'll be sad to see him go tbh.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:29 pm

dm wrote:This is a strange one. I wouldn't have thought we'd get any more than the £1m we paid for Polter. Not exactly a transfer war chest is it?

Probably no one wants Wahington - or at least for what we paid for him. Polter is a strange one, though he's never really impressed me when I've seen him. Maybe he's another who hasn't settled in London.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:44 pm

It mentions he wants a return to Germany.

There is much more than football when you bring family over and need them to settle. I don't know anything about Poltera private life but it wouldn't be crazy that you a wife and kids who are not enjoying it, want to go back to their friends and constantly moan! It's a job to them (albeit some show more passion than others just like any place of work) and there are plenty of jobs nearer to home.

I have also heard that Parvel is also homesick.

Putting money aside (which is not everything for everyone) if your family/or yourself are not happy and miss home I can understand you waning to go back. Doesn't mean you hate the club and doesn't mean you won't try.

For

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I'll be really disappointed to see Polter leave.

As touched on earlier in this thread, there's few that have improved anything like the amount he has. Sylla will obviously be first choice striker for the foreseeable future - but I would sooner have Polter in reserve than Washington.

I appreciate he's quite similar to Sylla, but Polter does have more about him than just being a target man. As we saw against Norwich, he's got plenty of pace and decent finish when given the right service.

It's odd because I got a strong impression that Olly saw him as being the main man upfront...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss