Transfer Rumour Thread - Jan 2017

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread - Jan 2017

Post by Rbee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:53 pm

QPR have been dealt a massive blow with Tjaronn Chery set to join Chinese side Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng.

The Dutch midfielder, 28, has been targeted with a £2.5million offer which Rangers are set to accept.

Chery has been a regular at Loftus Road this season and impressed despite his team struggling at the foot of the Championship table.

His form caught the eye of Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng, who have just been promoted to the Chinese Super League and are looking to bolster their squad.

They have Brazilian striker Mazola as their star man but Chery will be a key player for boss Li Bing.

The Sun

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:45 pm

That's a pitiful offer for the EFl's best chance maker when compared to some of the transfer fees you see offered for "lesser" players. More so when you see the eye watering sums discussed in the Chinese league.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Rbee wrote:QPR have been dealt a massive blow with Tjaronn Chery set to join Chinese side Guizhou Hengfeng Zhicheng.

The Dutch midfielder, 28, has been targeted with a £2.5million offer which Rangers are set to accept.
Not so bad if we get back close to what we put in, but I was kinda hoping it'd be more.

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Linked with Lualua on Loan

Seems strange to go for a LM as we've got Shodipo, Elk, Yeni in that position already. Not to mention we've been playing Mackie, Wzsolek, Washington in that position recently.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:19 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:That's a pitiful offer for the EFl's best chance maker when compared to some of the transfer fees you see offered for "lesser" players. More so when you see the eye watering sums discussed in the Chinese league.
Agreed. He should command a higher fee, there is still some time left on his contract here

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:That's a pitiful offer for the EFl's best chance maker when compared to some of the transfer fees you see offered for "lesser" players. More so when you see the eye watering sums discussed in the Chinese league.
Agreed. He should command a higher fee, there is still some time left on his contract here
He'll command whatever fee someone will pay?

I don't think Olly has ever been one for the "pretty" playmakers. Piano-shifters and grafters who can get the ball to forwards leaving it up to them to make (and take) chances has always been more his thing. So Chery (and anyone else deemed to be "not right") might as well be cashed in for whatever we can get and Olly can spend whatever he has spare on strikers and a couple of central midfielders with Hall taking the defensive midfield role. I reckon.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:31 pm

I wonder....if certain players seem unwilling to " put in a shift" for teams like QPR, what will be their attitude in China ?

I have a dream, Chinese teams buy up all the "stars", Sky show their games on TV instead of our games, the armchair fans will lap it up and we can watch our team play on Saturday afternoons at 3pm.

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 pm

Heard that Jason Puncheon might have signed, can't be true surely, he's a regular for Palace

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:26 am

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:27 am

the big IP wrote:Heard that Jason Puncheon might have signed, can't be true surely, he's a regular for Palace
Heard nothing about him but we've been linked elsewhere with Grabban. Mainly twitter though

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but there are rumours Villa want Smithies.

I'd prefer him to stay but we do have Ingram who I think could be as good as Smithies - well maybe not as good at saving penalties as Smithies but who is?

If Villa were to pay something approaching £5m and we have a striker or creative midfielder or right back lined up, well maybe.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:58 pm

dm wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but there are rumours Villa want Smithies.

I'd prefer him to stay but we do have Ingram who I think could be as good as Smithies - well maybe not as good at saving penalties as Smithies but who is?

If Villa were to pay something approaching £5m and we have a striker or creative midfielder or right back lined up, well maybe.
The problem with Ingram is he has hardly played at this level. He might be as good as Smithies, but i really don't think we can take the chance right now. I don't think We'll lose much value on Smithies between now and then. As an aside 5m is a pretty serious right back at this level.

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:03 pm

You couldn't stand in his way if a Premiership came in for him..and you couldn't blame him for going. But to another Championship club.?.. got to be a no no.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:59 pm

..someone mentioned Gestede...just read he has gone to Boro....

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:16 am

sohamranger wrote:You couldn't stand in his way if a Premiership came in for him..and you couldn't blame him for going. But to another Championship club.?.. got to be a no no.
What difference does it make unless it's a relegation rival?