Why do refs do it>

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Why do refs do it>

Post by DAVEf » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:17 pm

Any half-decent ref (even one newly-qualified), let alone one of Lee Mason's experience, would (should) have taken a moment to check on the Fulham player on the floor before giving that second penalty.

Even a small mark on his head or face and it would have been a justified penalty --- but no mark and, since there was an attempt to play the ball, it would have to be "playing in a dangerous manner" and, as such, an indirect free-kick. It was as if he wanted to give a penalty. To be fair, we've had a few like that in our favour over the years --- but that doesn't make it look any better as far as referees are concerned. And that this one worked out well for us and helped add to the all-round joy of the day is also irrelevant. I do suspect "nice" Fulham (playing at the "quant and traditional" CC) are more likely to get such awards than most clubs but I'll leave it to anyone who be bothered to check the stats.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".