Promotion still possible... Mikele

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Promotion still possible... Mikele

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:06 pm

http://www.football.co.uk/queens_park_r ... 9356.shtml

What a useless space filler....

Relegation is also possible... :(
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

ZENITH R

Going Up?

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Of course it's still possible, we are only 3 points off 6th place, with over 20 games still to play!

The crucial thing is whether the owners are going to do what's necessary to make it happen.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

BIG KEV
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by BIG KEV » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Well at least somebody is talking sense, seems alot of fans have lost all sense of reality just recently ! The rubbish being spouted on here and other message boards in last few weeks is ridiculous we are 10th, 4 points from a play off place. We are not, repeat not, 3rd from bottom about to go into administration or playing the way Sheff Utd did on Saturday !

Sideshow Bob
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Sideshow Bob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 pm

BIG KEV wrote:Well at least somebody is talking sense, seems alot of fans have lost all sense of reality just recently ! The rubbish being spouted on here and other message boards in last few weeks is ridiculous we are 10th, 4 points from a play off place. We are not, repeat not, 3rd from bottom about to go into administration or playing the way Sheff Utd did on Saturday !
If it's just about how many "points we are off play-offs", then yes... not too much reason to complain.

For some, it goes a bit deeper than that.
Obviously not for you, that's fine.

I think somewhere inbetween the more suicidal posts, and your "everything is ok, because we're not Luton" type approach, lies the bulk of Rangers fans and how they feel about all sorts of stuff regarding QPR FC.

bolder
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bolder » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
BIG KEV wrote:Well at least somebody is talking sense, seems alot of fans have lost all sense of reality just recently ! The rubbish being spouted on here and other message boards in last few weeks is ridiculous we are 10th, 4 points from a play off place. We are not, repeat not, 3rd from bottom about to go into administration or playing the way Sheff Utd did on Saturday !
If it's just about how many "points we are off play-offs", then yes... not too much reason to complain.

For some, it goes a bit deeper than that.
Obviously not for you, that's fine.

I think somewhere inbetween the more suicidal posts, and your "everything is ok, because we're not Luton" type approach, lies the bulk of Rangers fans and how they feel about all sorts of stuff regarding QPR FC.
Even though we change managers every Winter and Spring it doesn't matter, because we are 3 points off the play offs. Even though the man who some fans see as messiah in saving our club from going out of business showed a huge amount of disrespect and unprofesionalism in asking a driver to crash on purpose pulls the strings in every department at the club, it doesn't matter because we are 3 points off the play offs.

Am I missing something or does everyone think if we get into the Premier League everything will be ok? We will still be chopping up managers then, as we are now. If this is how bad our club is being mis-managed in attempting to even get a handle on the door knob into the Premier League imagine how bad it would be in attempting to shut the relegation door if we were to get there!

I hate saying it, and I hate thinking it, but our club is a laughing stock and Rangers spirit ironed out by the circus that we see every week. Can we not just put our faith in one manager that the board properly researched, interviewed and scouted for; and give him two years to do a job, give him the finances to assemble a quality team and stop signing shit like Peter Ramage, Tommy Williams and Gary Borrowdale who frankly wouldn't get a game in my Sunday side.

But it's all ok, because we are three points off the play offs.
"people voted for hitler and like coldplay, you just can't trust people"

superh00ps
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by superh00ps » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:27 pm

The fact Leigertwood has come out and said this when as said we are only 3 points off a play-off place, says everything you need to know about the mood in our squad.

He's either trying to convince himself, the fans or the players that don't believe we can.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Last year Legs was still banging on we could make the playoffs in an interview when virtually every fan had wrote off the rest of last season...

The only worse interview I remember was f.all's exclusive on how La La Ledesma was going to take the championship by storm after his world class performance against the mighty Carlisle...

It smell's like someone trying to convice if not the fans than himself we have a BIG chance of going up.
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

dave B
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by dave B » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 pm

well to be fair to leigterwood he is right, we do still have a pretty good chance of going up and a pretty good squad well capable of achieving that.

qprgentina
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by qprgentina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:50 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:
I think and hope you are right, it's just a shame that they never post, leaving it up to the shit or bust gang!
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Spiritof76
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Spiritof76 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:42 am

Loads of sensible, well balanced stuff gets posted here. Of course, likewise, a lot of old bull appears as well! It's a message board and whether it's emotional, a sharp wit or business acumen that would put Peter Jones to shame, that's what makes it interesting.
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Going Up?

Post by Trojan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:44 am

ZENITH R wrote:Of course it's still possible, we are only 3 points off 6th place, with over 20 games still to play!

The crucial thing is whether the owners are going to do what's necessary to make it happen.
The crucial thing is whether the players are going to do what's necessary to make it happen.
Sorry in advance.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:58 am

Ahhhh, the play-offs!

How I rue the day they came into existence. Proximity to 6th place, at any stage of the season, is often a fairly delusional take on progress / reality / the end result. Yet, such a measure gets trotted out here and elsewhere so frustratingly often. Opium for the football masses type of a concept.

Remind me, presently how far off 1st and 2nd (or even 3rd) place are we? Places occupied by teams that are still likely to get a weekly flogging on their promotion to the Premiership!

Am I alone in still thinking it only fair to reward the clubs that prove themselves over a full season.
Question everything.

ZENITH R

Re: Going Up?

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 am

Trojan wrote:
ZENITH R wrote:Of course it's still possible, we are only 3 points off 6th place, with over 20 games still to play!

The crucial thing is whether the players are going to do what's necessary to make it happen.[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that some of our players are 'up to the job', you know who I'm talking about. I'm, sure they are playing to the best of their abilities, but perhaps that isn't what we need, and they simply are not good enough to help us achieve our goal. For example, if I was selected to play on Saturday (OK flight of fantasy here I'm nearly 52, overweight, and very unfit) I would give 100% but it would be far short of what was required, and if I did my best, I should be beyond reproach. However the owners (hopefully) would look at me, and say, we need to replace him asap.

That's what I mean by 'doing the necessary'.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:25 pm

It's interesting reading the criticism of Man City over the last few days for the sacking of Mark Hughes. He of course lasted 18 months and in that time we have had 4 managers. It's nice to be 4 points off the play offs but it would also be nice to have a club to be proud of. For some of us that's a little bit difficult at the moment.