Sheff Utd's goal

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

DW
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by DW » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 am

QPR_Dan wrote:
dave B wrote:i've only seen the goal on tv but i think cafu might have struggled to rweach that pass, it was awful.

Ramage is what he is, a decent defender who gives his all. He's the best we have at the moment in that position
Ramage is a sh*t defender who gives his all.

If he is actually a center back playing out of position then maybe he can be given a chance now Stewart is suspended as he can't do any worse than Hall. Hopefully.
More to the point, Watson is a shit midfielder who gives f**k all! :evil:

Micky
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Micky » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:06 am

More to the point, Watson is a shit midfielder who gives f**k all! Evil or Very Mad
Watson's a decent midfielder who has yet to settle. There's a reason why he was so highly rated at Palace and Steve Bruce was willing to spend £2m on him. That's the same Steve Bruce who signed Valencia, Rodallega, Cattermole, Palacios etc...

He's shown glimpses of his true ability against Newcastle and WBA. I wouldn't sign him permanently yet but I'd definitely extend his loan to the end of the season.

DW
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by DW » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:57 am

Micky wrote:
More to the point, Watson is a shit midfielder who gives f**k all! Evil or Very Mad
Watson's a decent midfielder who has yet to settle. There's a reason why he was so highly rated at Palace and Steve Bruce was willing to spend £2m on him. That's the same Steve Bruce who signed Valencia, Rodallega, Cattermole, Palacios etc...

He's shown glimpses of his true ability against Newcastle and WBA. I wouldn't sign him permanently yet but I'd definitely extend his loan to the end of the season.
Great, two bloody games, the rest of the time he has shown what a poor player he is, misplacing passes, getting overrun by opposition midfielders, poor positioning, etc., etc. There is no reason why he should not have hit the ground running this season, being based back in London, in a league that he is very familiar with. So what if Bruce wanted to pay £2million for him, like most other managers Bruce has bought good and bought bad. His splurge of signings at Sunderland haven't exactly set the world alight at the moment. What pisses me off the most is that Watson has had two half decent games, has also been sent off twice, each time the second yellow was for gormless stupity and yet he is a permanent fixture. Yet Faurlin, who for me, and many others is the player of the season so far has for the last two games, and for a few other games this season sat on the bench to accommodate this joker. Faurlin has greater positional sense, is a better tackler and would pass Watson to death. When Faurlin plays, the team really begins to tick.

Micky
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Micky » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:11 pm

His splurge of signings at Sunderland haven't exactly set the world alight at the moment.
Errrm. Darren Bent, Lee Cattermole, De Silva and Michael Turner seem to be getting on ok. And that's ignoring the job that Bruce did at Wigan, he did manage to get £700k off us for Fitz Hall!

Edit.

I agree with you about Faurlin but I don't think we necessarily have to choose one or the other. I doubt that either player will play every game this season and having competition for places can only be a good thing. If we lose Watson who do we replace him with? We're thin on the ground as it is in midfield.

Lunar Jetman
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Lunar Jetman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:53 am

dave B wrote:Newcastle jumped at the opportunity to get rid of him
Errr no. They wanted to keep him as a squad player. He wanted first team football so decided to leave...