I want to be proud...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Markybabar
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Markybabar » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Don wrote:I think that Mark probably was 'compartmentalising' his life. It's just that he was having his rant whilst in that compartment (for want of a better phrase). He does seem to have a sense of perspective - as well as a great avatar. I can't remember him coming on here saying "I went to {insert name of gig/festival/state funeral here} wearing my Rs top and then I shouted UUURrs which was great" like a complete cock. The bloke's having a rant. He never said it was the be all and end all of his life. Just one of those things that has meant a lot for a long time. Alternatively, he might have OCD.
Thanks for the vote of support Don and in hindsight you are pretty much spot on.

Yes maybe I did go over the top but to be honest, I just needed to vent my frustration which needed to be said.

As for it being an 'age' thing, sadly not the case I'm afraid.

When you are married, mortgaged and full time employed, you DO know what the important things are. However, as much as I know what is truly important in my life, I also know that Queens Park Rangers FC take up a considerable amount of my time and money. Therefore I feel it is only fair that I have the opportunity to voice my concerns from time to time in the form of rants like the one above.

Thats why I use dot.org for crying out loud!!! If I cant have a midnight rant here then where the hell can I?

WATRB? I don't think so!!!
I KNOW IAM, I'M SURE I AM, I'M RANGERS 'TILL I DIE!

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm

Fair do's then Marky, points well made but age is a relative thing so I stand by that comment. Or maybe I'm just assuming wrongly that I'm just one of a handful of oldish gits on here :lol:

gblockpete
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by gblockpete » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm

How old do you have to be to be an oldish git then krama? I'm 58 and markybar's original post certainly resonated with me. My brother feels the same, he's 55, and so does my old man who is 82 and has been a Rangers fan since the war. I suspect that it's got nothing whatsoever to do with age. Just as we all see the world differently, Politics, Religion, the Environment etc. so do we all have our different take on the way our club is being run.

QPR Report
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by QPR Report » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:42 pm

dave B wrote:i agree with a lot of the points made but lets be fair we haven't employed 8 managers in two years. It's now five which is of course far too many but not as bad as is being made out
In just over two years (27 months) six managers: Gregory, De Canio, Dowie, Sousa, Magilton, Hart (+ the Temps, who of course weren't appointees, but Ainsworth reportedly came close: Harford; Ainsworth (twice) and Gallen/Bircham.)
Rodney Marsh - "I read the [QPR Report] site from time to time and really enjoy it"
www.qprreport.com and www.qprreport.proboards.com

SagaLout
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SagaLout » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:58 pm

To continue the age theme, I've been a fan for over 50 years and fully understand where Marky was coming from.

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 pm

A few older than me then.... just :lol: :lol:
Sagalout, what a great username- should've thought of that one!!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Agreed, great name Sagalout - you don't happen to live in Whitton do you ?

Boston R's
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Boston R's » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 am

krama wrote:Fair do's then Marky, points well made but age is a relative thing so I stand by that comment. Or maybe I'm just assuming wrongly that I'm just one of a handful of oldish gits on here :lol:
Snapped your whipper recently ?

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:06 am

I see I need to speak a bit louder for some of you then. Yes. And slower. Eeh those new 5ps they're too fiddly not like the old shillings two tanners were proper money and for threepence ha'penny you could go and see Tessy O'Shea at the Astoria with a stone of monkey nuts have a slap-up feed of brown windsor liver and bacon and spotted dick get the tram home with a crate of light ale and still have three farthings change.

On the age front, it winds kids up no end if you refer to prices in shillings and call the radio the wireless.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

Hillhoopm
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Hillhoopm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:39 am

I hear two bob and clueless on a regular basis.

SagaLout
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SagaLout » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:12 pm

No, the St Margarets end of Twickenham but born within earshot of Loftus Road (if we had scored and the wind was in the right direction).

qprgentina
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by qprgentina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Don wrote:I see I need to speak a bit louder for some of you then. Yes. And slower. Eeh those new 5ps they're too fiddly not like the old shillings two tanners were proper money and for threepence ha'penny you could go and see Tessy O'Shea at the Astoria with a stone of monkey nuts have a slap-up feed of brown windsor liver and bacon and spotted dick get the tram home with a crate of light ale and still have three farthings change.

On the age front, it winds kids up no end if you refer to prices in shillings and call the radio the wireless.
Put another 78 on the gramaphone. :roll: :wink:
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:00 pm

We are not that bad off as a club. If you look at the league tables there are far bigger clubs struggling in relegation dog-fights (Sheff Wed, Derby,Ipswich, Reading) and in the lower leagues (Leeds, Charlton, Norwich) and look at Southampton, 15 in league 1!? We shouldn't be feeling "disinterested, dissatisfied, weak & frankly very angry" or "disgusted" we should be feeling a bit pissed off that we have another new manager, a bit pissed off we could and should have got more points from our last few games. But still feel we can make the play-offs this season, why not, we can do it. Otherwise whats the point in turning up, we may as well go and do something else.

Merry xmas to all you R's.

PS: A decent cup run please Santa.
Sorry in advance.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:15 pm

qprgentina wrote:
Don wrote:On the age front, it winds kids up no end if you refer to prices in shillings and call the radio the wireless.
Put another 78 on the gramaphone. :roll: :wink:
Only if it's one from the Hit Parade.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:35 pm

SagaLout wrote:
No, the St Margarets end of Twickenham but born within earshot of Loftus Road (if we had scored and the wind was in the right direction).
It's just that I saw slightly oldish chap being thrown out of the Albert in Whitton and someone said Bloody Sagalout