Why Xmas is like supporting Rangers....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Gloucs_R
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Why Xmas is like supporting Rangers....

Post by Gloucs_R » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Its December 1988, you’re 12 years old and school has just finished for the year. You ride home on your old racer, which you don’t mind but wish it was a BMX, with two other boys who live down your street. Moe is just in front of you, he’s got a nice bike....it’s a BMX his dad bought for him a few years ago but he’s added loads of cool things to it and now it’s pretty neat. Rolley is just in front of him, now his dad has a bob or two and buys him a new bike every year. Now he’s got a top of the range BMX with stunt nuts and everything. Why can’t I have a bike like them? You think as you ride home.

When you get home your mum asks how your day was at school and slips into the conversation “what would you like for Christmas?”. Without a hesitation you say, a new bike. You think you see her and your dad exchange a glance and a smile but you’re just not sure.
Christmas day arrives, you run down stairs and into the front room where you see a large, thin box. This can only be one thing you think, great! Your mum and dad arrive behind you as you start to slowly tear off the paper, for some reason there are 5 layers of paper around the box. You take the first layer off and you find bicycle clips, your happy enough as it’s now obvious what you’re going to get. Getting more excited, you take off layer two and find a reflector vest, excitedly you continue. Layer 3 comes off, a bicycle pump....hmmm, not what you were expecting but nice all the same. You’re on to layer 4, it’s a BMX helmet....not the nicest one you have ever seen but acceptable. Now you’re down to the last layer.....you tear back the paper, overwhelmed with excitement and ready for your big surprise, and boy what a surprise it is too!

You’re mum and dad have had your old racer resprayed, new tyres fitted and a new seat put onto it. Thanks a lot, you think. You wanted a brand new, top of the range BMX and all you got was a tarted up Racer! Still, you don’t want to seem ungrateful so you thank them both. Dad says, don’t worry son, it was your Uncle George’s idea. I gave him a few quid and he did it up a treat. Now, a few things....1) he is not my uncle, in fact I don’t know who he actually is. He just came around one day and never really left. 2) I don’t like him, he is always pretending to know everything about anything and 3) Nobody actually likes him apart from my mum and dad and one distant cousin, who always lies and makes stuff up.
A few hours later, Moe and Rolley knock at my door....Rolley has another new bike, Moe now has flashing lights on his and I ride out on my new / old racer. For the next 10 minutes they take the mickey out of me, then we ride off.............I get half way down the road, my bike starts to wobble and a wheel comes off...........well thanks Uncle George, I always knew I could rely on you.

So, should I have been happy with a tarted up old racer, when I had my heart on a BMX?

hillsy1302

Post by hillsy1302 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:24 pm

That's about right :)

super hoop loopy
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Why Xmas is like supporting Rangers....

Post by super hoop loopy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:43 pm

Gloucs_R wrote:Its December 1988, you’re 12 years old and school has just finished for the year. You ride home on your old racer, which you don’t mind but wish it was a BMX, with two other boys who live down your street. Moe is just in front of you, he’s got a nice bike....it’s a BMX his dad bought for him a few years ago but he’s added loads of cool things to it and now it’s pretty neat. Rolley is just in front of him, now his dad has a bob or two and buys him a new bike every year. Now he’s got a top of the range BMX with stunt nuts and everything. Why can’t I have a bike like them? You think as you ride home.

When you get home your mum asks how your day was at school and slips into the conversation “what would you like for Christmas?”. Without a hesitation you say, a new bike. You think you see her and your dad exchange a glance and a smile but you’re just not sure.
Christmas day arrives, you run down stairs and into the front room where you see a large, thin box. This can only be one thing you think, great! Your mum and dad arrive behind you as you start to slowly tear off the paper, for some reason there are 5 layers of paper around the box. You take the first layer off and you find bicycle clips, your happy enough as it’s now obvious what you’re going to get. Getting more excited, you take off layer two and find a reflector vest, excitedly you continue. Layer 3 comes off, a bicycle pump....hmmm, not what you were expecting but nice all the same. You’re on to layer 4, it’s a BMX helmet....not the nicest one you have ever seen but acceptable. Now you’re down to the last layer.....you tear back the paper, overwhelmed with excitement and ready for your big surprise, and boy what a surprise it is too!

You’re mum and dad have had your old racer resprayed, new tyres fitted and a new seat put onto it. Thanks a lot, you think. You wanted a brand new, top of the range BMX and all you got was a tarted up Racer! Still, you don’t want to seem ungrateful so you thank them both. Dad says, don’t worry son, it was your Uncle George’s idea. I gave him a few quid and he did it up a treat. Now, a few things....1) he is not my uncle, in fact I don’t know who he actually is. He just came around one day and never really left. 2) I don’t like him, he is always pretending to know everything about anything and 3) Nobody actually likes him apart from my mum and dad and one distant cousin, who always lies and makes stuff up.
A few hours later, Moe and Rolley knock at my door....Rolley has another new bike, Moe now has flashing lights on his and I ride out on my new / old racer. For the next 10 minutes they take the mickey out of me, then we ride off.............I get half way down the road, my bike starts to wobble and a wheel comes off...........well thanks Uncle George, I always knew I could rely on you.

So, should I have been happy with a tarted up old racer, when I had my heart on a BMX?
Scarred for life! :(
Triffic

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:37 pm

Moe and Rolley seem the sort of kids who would grow up expecting Life to be easy and nice and etc.

They have probably found adulthood far more depressing and disappointing than you have.

Enjoy THAT. :D

Gloucs_R
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Gloucs_R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:10 pm

DAVEf wrote:Moe and Rolley seem the sort of kids who would grow up expecting Life to be easy and nice and etc.

They have probably found adulthood far more depressing and disappointing than you have.

Enjoy THAT. :D
Think of a certain MO and RO down the road from W12, both have better toys than us. Also a certain person who acts like our Uncle, "G" :wink:

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

I wonder whose the distant cousin? ethink
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Gloucs_R
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Gloucs_R » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Systemsguy wrote:I wonder whose the distant cousin? ethink
:lol:

qprgentina
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by qprgentina » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 am

Are there Player Power Rangers available in the shops now for Christmas as well?
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

QPRGR
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPRGR » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 am

qprgentina wrote:Are there Player Power Rangers available in the shops now for Christmas as well?
we r a reach club.... :D just wait for the sales :(

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:28 am

Great post Gloucs R. :)
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

Gloucs_R
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Gloucs_R » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:50 am

Thanks, just a bit of fun with a few hidden meanings...I posted it on LFW too and didnt get a single response. Must be a more intelligent breed of poster over here :wink:

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: .

Post by DAVEf » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm

Gloucs_R wrote:Thanks, just a bit of fun with a few hidden meanings...I posted it on LFW too and didnt get a single response. Must be a more intelligent breed of poster over here :wink:
duh --- any jeanius could of worked that out. eangel

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:21 pm

DAVEf wrote:
Gloucs_R wrote:Thanks, just a bit of fun with a few hidden meanings...I posted it on LFW too and didnt get a single response. Must be a more intelligent breed of poster over here :wink:
We don't need a new intelligentsia if you don't mind. :roll: ehand
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Son of Robin wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
We don't need a new intelligentsia if you don't mind.:roll: ehand
Intelligensia.