QPR v Southampton 3-0

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ozbushranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ozbushranger » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:34 pm

3-0 tarrabt and cookie says he turned and spun the geezer, gotta love the wording!!

Hud
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Hud » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:35 pm

Here we go here we go here we go!

:lol:

Markybabar
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Markybabar » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:42 pm

3-0 wow!

Let's just hope it is not a false dawn.
I KNOW IAM, I'M SURE I AM, I'M RANGERS 'TILL I DIE!

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:43 pm

The league is as good as ours.

Dr Zoidberg
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Dr Zoidberg » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:01 pm

Not a bad run out for the squad and we were miles better than Saints. At times during both the Wycombe and Southampton games we have played some attractive attacking football which is encouraging even given the quality of the opposition.

Our defence was untroubled today. Borrowdale had a sound game although he was never really under pressure.

Taraabt was excellent. He was brought on to play as an out and out striker and his touch was sublime. The tricks all came off and his goal is well worth seeing as he left the Southampton defence with twisted blood.

Helguson blasted the ball into the top of the loft. Nuff said.

Saw Cait. She seemed to be on her own so I can only suppose that SM didn't attend. :wink:

Der Blauweissengel
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Der Blauweissengel » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:08 pm

I saw SM there. Didn't manage to say hello to him though. Was in the paddock with Morrissey and one of the Kuwait Rs.

where to look for streams
http://qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?p=556051#556051

Don't buy the Sun.

Cait
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Cait » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:08 pm

Dr Zoidberg wrote:Not a bad run out for the squad and we were miles better than Saints. At times during both the Wycombe and Southampton games we have played some attractive attacking football which is encouraging even given the quality of the opposition.

Our defence was untroubled today. Borrowdale had a sound game although he was never really under pressure.

Taraabt was excellent. He was brought on to play as an out and out striker and his touch was sublime. The tricks all came off and his goal is well worth seeing as he left the Southampton defence with twisted blood.

Helguson blasted the ball into the top of the loft. Nuff said.

Saw Cait. She seemed to be on her own so I can only suppose that SM didn't attend. :wink:
Ah where were you sitting? :lol:

At half time I spoke to Ali, dm and Fawny.

Dr Zoidberg
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Dr Zoidberg » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:10 pm

A few rows back from you. That's if you were sat in block F, Row J, seat 188.

Cait
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Cait » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Dr Zoidberg wrote:A few rows back from you. That's if you were sat in block F, Row J, seat 188.
I was in H ;) I had Chapman, 10 at the back of my shirt if you saw that :lol:

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:14 pm

Cait wrote:At half time I spoke to Ali, dm and Fawny.
Nice to see you, Cait. Now, remember to bring a cardi next match, lass :wink:

Dr Zoidberg
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Dr Zoidberg » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Yeah, I did. I thought that if I could quote your exact seat number I could claim 'Stalker of the Year'. I recognised you from Rogue's Gallery. Dennis the Menace shirt.

I was in row Q, seat 181 which is allocated to season ticket holder John Burke. I didn't put the chewing gum under the seat.

Cait
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Cait » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Dr Zoidberg wrote:Yeah, I did. I thought that if I could quote your exact seat number I could claim 'Stalker of the Year'. I recognised you from Rogue's Gallery. Dennis the Menace shirt.

I was in row Q, seat 181 which is allocated to season ticket holder John Burke. I didn't put the chewing gum under the seat.
:lol: Indeed the Dennis the Menace shirt :)

Nice to meet you to dm. I did have a cardi put it on when it started hammering down near the end :P Was bleeding freezing!

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Is everyone waiting with bated breath for SM ? Not much match feedback apart from Dr Zoidberg.

I was reasonably impressed with the way Madge had us set up. Formation was a fairly orthodox 4-4-2 with both strikers pushed well up and Rowlands and Mahon both heavily involved defensively and offensively. Both seemed charged with the job of getting the ball forward and out wide - but at the same time one or t'other was always there to plug a gap when Soton pressed.

First half Hall wasn't over-doing it. Gorkks came to the rescue on a couple of occasions with a couple of outstanding blocks. Borrowdale looks an unlikely left back - a bit flat footed and looking round all the time to find his bearings. Still preferred him to the show pony Delaney though. The youth team left back, when he came on, looked like he has all the makings. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench this season.

Routledge misplaced quite a few passes but he and Balanta are creative players and if the strikers make intelligent runs I think we'll see a lot more goals at LR this season.

What do we think of the striking options ? We started with Vine and Agyemang and finished with Taraabt, Heidar and Pellicori. For me the most likely look to be Taraabt, Agyemang, Heidar and Vine (in that order). I'll reserve judgement on Pellicori as he wasn't on for long enough but he did look to have some striking instincts.

I'm undecided on the left back slot but my Magic XI for Blackpool is:

Cerny
Ramage
Gorkks
Hall (would prefer Stewart myself but Magic knows best)
Borrowdale
Routledge
Rowlands
Mahon
Balanta
Helguson (would prefer Agyemang myself but Magic knows best)
Vine

Subs: Marshall, Stewart, Alberti, Ephraim, Agyemang, Pellicori, Brown

Thoughts ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:55 pm

old pauline wrote: I'm undecided on the left back slot but my Magic XI for Blackpool is:

Cerny
Ramage
Gorkks
Hall (would prefer Stewart myself but Magic knows best)
Borrowdale
Routledge
Rowlands
Mahon
Balanta
Helguson (would prefer Agyemang myself but Magic knows best)
Vine

Subs: Marshall, Stewart, Alberti, Ephraim, Agyemang, Pellicori, Brown

Thoughts ?
4-4-1-1
Marshall (Has been offered a 1 year contract. Cerny has swine flu)
Ramage
Gorkks
Hall (I'd prefer Stewart but you're probably right)
Borrowdale (Connolly when fit)
Routledge
Rowlands
Mahon (Probably Legs when fit)
Balanta (When was the last time we brought a player with such promise through the ranks - Gallen?)
Taarabt (in a deep striker role)
Helguson

Subs: Putnins, Brown, Stewart, Ephraim, Buzz, Pellicori, Vine

Viva_Morrissey86 (qprlad)
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Viva_Morrissey86 (qprlad) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Went instead of the Parma game and happy I did..

I was pleased with what I saw we seem to have a good blend of hungry youngsters and seasoned pros. Some great football at times but we were rarely tested by Southampton. I don't like the fact Hall is playing he always seems half fit. I am very positive for the season. I have a worry over Helguson his shooting leaves alot to be desired for a striker but all in all decent workout bring on Ollie's Tangerines.