Just Back on the Island...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Just Back on the Island...

Post by SM » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:54 am

I have quite a busy week coming up, so unfortunately this won't be anywhere near as in depth as usual.

Just a few points worth mentioning though -

The young goalkeeper we have signed. I think his name is Eljvis? I'm trying not to get too carried away with him, as he is only 17 and not even played a game yet. But some of the stops he made during the warm up were just exceptional. One one occasion Delaney smacked the ball at him from the edge of the box, he made a good stop to save it, but the ball bobbled out around the penalty spot. Vine ran in (jokingly) and hammered the ball at goal. Somehow he managed to fly across the line and tip it over the crossbar. The player's looked on in amazement! Like I said, trying not to get too carried away... but this kid could be the real deal.

Secondly, Rowan Vine. Obviously his form will be hit and miss, as he has just came back from his injury... but he really did have a bad game. Oddly enough, he was closest to scoring and was unlucky to have hit the bar. On the positive he is getting games under his belt, and I'm sure we will all benefit from this next season.

Stewart was suicidal for the Wolves goal. Why he didn't clear it into touch I don't know?! Frustrating, as up until then he had been having a very good game. The mistake clearly knocked his confidence though, and he made the exact same mistake later in the half. Fortunately for us... Harewood couldn't manage to beat Cerny.

Matthew Connolly was just exceptional. Rarely beaten, and just so composed in possession. Thought he had a terrific game, and the same goes for Gorkss and Ramage.

Routledge caused them no end of problems all afternoon. Beat the full back time after time, and just ran their defence ragged. Couldn't have asked anymore from him, he was just superb. As the game went on, it was clear their full back was tiring - but Routledge just kept going on and on. Great game from him. Clearly back to his best.

One of my final points... Heider Helguson. Dear oh dear! Another shocking performance from him. Offside over and over and over again. Sloppy in possession and missed at least 2 guilt edged chances yet again. I'm sorry but my patience with him has now all but gone. I still have the view point that if he could actually finish - we would be in the play offs now. I see one positive of him being in the side, which is his heading. Apart from that, he offers absolutely nothing! If our board feels that he can fire us to promotion, then I think they are in for a nasty surprise. He just isn't good enough for us. He should be an 'impact sub' at very best. Not good enough.

It's ironic when you see that in the last 2 games Blackstock has scored one and set up one, therefore Forest are 4 points better off than they would be without his input. He will/probably has saved them from the drop.

Finally, I thought our fans were worthy of a mention. Sang their hearts out, and despite having relatively nothing to play for, certainly helped build the atmosphere. Good showing from them, and couple of great chants listed below -

"First time at Moleneux!"

"You're gonna beat Derby's record"

"You're coming straight back down"

"They don't even know your songs!" This was sang while pointing at the stand to the right. Following on from the 'first time' song, that stand didn't seem to follow the rest of the ground. It even got a clap from the fans to our left :lol:

That was pretty much it. I was overall pretty impressed with us though - particularly in the second half. But for a little more composure (and a bit of luck), we could have spoiled their promotion party.

Having seen both Wolves & WBA celebrating it in the last 2 seasons, I was left dreaming that one day that could be us... Wish so badly that it was.

Suppose there is always next season.

Come on U R'ss!
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Gaz_R
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Just Back on the Island...

Post by Gaz_R » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:57 pm

SM wrote: The young goalkeeper we have signed. I think his name is Eljvis? I'm trying not to get too carried away with him, as he is only 17 and not even played a game yet. But some of the stops he made during the warm up were just exceptional. One one occasion Delaney smacked the ball at him from the edge of the box, he made a good stop to save it, but the ball bobbled out around the penalty spot. Vine ran in (jokingly) and hammered the ball at goal. Somehow he managed to fly across the line and tip it over the crossbar. The player's looked on in amazement! Like I said, trying not to get too carried away... but this kid could be the real deal.
Good report SM.

All that diving around - he was all shock up.

Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

:oops:

qprgentina
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by qprgentina » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm

End of season write up wind down?
And keep the faith SM cos this time next year we'll be..........
Cheers SM.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Just Back on the Island...

Post by SM » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Gaz_R wrote:
SM wrote: The young goalkeeper we have signed. I think his name is Eljvis? I'm trying not to get too carried away with him, as he is only 17 and not even played a game yet. But some of the stops he made during the warm up were just exceptional. One one occasion Delaney smacked the ball at him from the edge of the box, he made a good stop to save it, but the ball bobbled out around the penalty spot. Vine ran in (jokingly) and hammered the ball at goal. Somehow he managed to fly across the line and tip it over the crossbar. The player's looked on in amazement! Like I said, trying not to get too carried away... but this kid could be the real deal.
Good report SM.

All that diving around - he was all shock up.

Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

:oops:
Gaz that was shocking!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:47 pm

qprgentina wrote:End of season write up wind down?
And keep the faith SM cos this time next year we'll be..........
Cheers SM.
Sorry qprgentina, there is a much better report below though :wink:

No just VERY busy at work suddenly (funnily enough at a time they are making cuts), so instead of finishing a full report off, I'm trying to promote myself and look like the honest, hard working, committed employee I am :lol:

fishranger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

cheers sm

Post by fishranger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:49 pm

cheers sm good report

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: cheers sm

Post by SM » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:07 am