BOS Off To Turkey...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: BOS Off To Turkey...

Post by WA Hoop » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:14 am

Satch wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:25 am
What happens if his career is ended first day of next season? He's earned good money, unless he's saved every penny i doubt he's in a position to retire now. I expect he'd like a big effing house and nice cars, probably one for his mum too.

These guys can earn a shit ton of money more than most if not all of us can imagine but why should he earn a lot less just to play for us? It wouldn't have been any different 40 years ago if the money had been there. What has Bright done that's dishonest, opaque or improper? Moreover what loyalty does he owe us? Ultimately his contract was allowed to get closer to it's expiry because he had yet to fully breakthrough and i would assume the club felt he had not earned the additional investment. I don't recall our loyalty to him being questioned or whether we'd been transparent about his future?I don't understand why the onus is always on the individual player to be a paragon of virtue.

I think it's a good move for him, a bold one and good on him for taking it. Fener seems to be on the rise again, a new experience with the chance of CL or at least Europa football and probably a few more quid in his bin. If this was any other field there would be no question he should make this move so why is it different in football? Hopefully, other players will see how we were a stepping stone and we'll be a more attractive destination when we're recruiting.
You sound a little like I would imagine his agent to sound. :wink:

To be honest I wasn't talking about BOS per se and intended to be a bit more generic. Football simply isn't like any other field, it's not like any other business, (entertainers aside) the rest of us aren't owned by our employers for a defined contractual period, we aren't tradeable assets whose value may diminish as that period elapses, we don't get to 'want away' have a sulk not do the job to the best of our ability and still get paid in full. The football 'business' model is a fairly daft one that gives rise to these issues of player investment, loyalty and contractual wranglings.
Question everything.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 pm

According to Dave McIntyre, he won’t be playing for the club again.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/osa ... ted-by-qpr
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:39 pm

Whether you agree or not at least the club is being consistent.
Question everything.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 am

Assuming a 352 formation it will be interesting to see who Warburton picks in BOS's place at left wing back tomorrow. It could be Hamalainen, Willock, Thomas, Adomah or Wallace. At a stretch, it could even be Chair though I hope not.

Perhaps efforts will be redoubled to find a new player this month to replace BOS, but surely it makes sense to give fringe players like Willock or Thomas a chance.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:50 am

dm wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 am
Assuming a 352 formation it will be interesting to see who Warburton picks in BOS's place at left wing back tomorrow. It could be Hamalainen, Willock, Thomas, Adomah or Wallace. At a stretch, it could even be Chair though I hope not.

Perhaps efforts will be redoubled to find a new player this month to replace BOS, but surely it makes sense to give fringe players like Willock or Thomas a chance.
Hamalainen I expect, but 352 seemed to be partly a response to full-backs not playing well. Could be Willock. I'd like to see him given a run out, at least.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:34 am

I would consider trying Barbet at LWB on a short-term basis, but then again he is doing well at CB so probably not the ideal solution.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:21 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 am
UxbridgeR wrote:

They aren't. If they had we wouldn't be in this position.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 am

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:21 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:

Sorry DEJ I'm not sure whether you are referring to the non selection of want away players or the season in general. If it's the latter I would say we have been consistently predictable if nothing else.
Question everything.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:15 am

If we are going to be totally honest, BOS has been a bit of a disappointment. He has skills, and he has occasionally showed glimpses of those skills. What he hasn't done is consistently demonstrate he has what it takes to be a top player. There have been games when we've thought WOW! We have a real talent here, but there have also been many games (too many) where he has not had any influence on the game. The last game against Luton being a good example.

This season against Brentford he showed he had the beating of the left back, and he did that a handful of times. What he didn't do was use this to press the advantage. He put a superb ball in for Dykes to score, but didn't even attempt to do it again.

So, overall. Thanks BOS, there are a few good memories in there, but it could have been so much better. Lets see if Willock, Thomas or Adomah can do any better.

Good bye, and good luck.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:31 pm

Zenith, agree with all that, our benchmark for young impact-full players
is obviously Eze who won us matches by himself.

It's interesting that he was back watching us against Fulham,
somehow I can't see BOS doing that and there lies the rub.
Staff Benda Bilili

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:23 pm

As someone has already said: Put him on the bench for all away games but never play him. This is another player who's selfishness is likely to see him disappear up his own Aris without trace. Shame really, could've been very good for us. Will always remember that goal at Brum - made the the near hyperthermia worthwhile.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:36 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 am
deadendjob wrote:
WA Hoop wrote:

Sorry DEJ I'm not sure whether you are referring to the non selection of want away players or the season in general. If it's the latter I would say we have been consistently predictable if nothing else.
The former. We didn't allow Manning to play as he wasn't going to sign and said that was the process we were going to follow.
We contradicted that mentality with BOS. He said he was going to sign, but he didn't. If he'd had the same treatment as Manning, we wouldn't be letting him walk on a free.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:59 pm

We didn't miss BOS tonight.

Well done Chris Willock - a nice finish for his first QPR goal, and he worked hard all night.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 am

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:36 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

The former. We didn't allow Manning to play as he wasn't going to sign and said that was the process we were going to follow.
We contradicted that mentality with BOS. He said he was going to sign, but he didn't. If he'd had the same treatment as Manning, we wouldn't be letting him walk on a free.
Thanks DEJ, I was obviously a bit slow on the uptake. I guess the club saw it differently but BOS was always leading us up the garden path so you're probably right as seeing the club's approach as inconsistent.
Question everything.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:38 am

deadendjob wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:36 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
deadendjob wrote:

I don't follow your point that if BOS had been treated in the same way as Manning he would not be leaving on a free.

Also, we'll receive the young player compensation if not a nominal fee should be leave this month. Nothing close to his value but at least something.