Fulham tomorrow

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Fulham tomorrow

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:55 pm

This game was originally scheduled for Sky coverage, but not now. In fact we haven't been identified for any of the Sky games.

My understanding is if you are on Sky, you get extra cash - plus a lesser amount if you are on the red button. Have we lost this money, or did Sky pay us anyway?

Anyone know the answer?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Fulham tomorrow

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:51 pm

Can't say I'm looking forward to this - Fulham beaten in their first two post lockdown games and anxious to get back on track. Yes, we lost our first two as well but look how poor we were. If Fulham get an early goal in the manner of Barnsley and Charlton they could be on for a cricket score.
I'm not usually this pessimistic but all is not well with us at the moment.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:11 pm

He needs to shake it up tomorrow from the start - pick Clarke and play on the front foot from the first whistle.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:31 pm

You're early this week Albert......

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:41 am

Well in the spirit of being thankful for small mercies, at least Mitrovic won't feature for Foolham.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53177769
Question everything.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:30 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:55 pm
In fact we haven't been identified for any of the Sky games.
After the last 2 matches I'd guess there would even be a few Rangers fans who'd object
to our deficiencies being aired on live national tv.
Staff Benda Bilili

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:11 pm
He needs to shake it up tomorrow from the start - pick Clarke and play on the front foot from the first whistle.
That's way too radical. I'll take not being 0-1 down after 10 minutes. And maybe stretch that to being all square at the break.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 pm

Without fans they are just training games. Having watched the first two I am still of that opinion.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:20 pm
Without fans they are just training games. Having watched the first two I am still of that opinion.
A view shared by the board.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Without points up for grabs games are training exercises. These games have points to play for. If the players feel that way I fear we are trouble

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Without points up for grabs games are training exercises. These games have points to play for. If the players feel that way I fear we are trouble
We are definitely not going to get relegated, there are a number of players whose contracts are up and a few who might be eyeing moves elsewhere. They are aren't going to risk an injury which could jeopardise their future are they? With no fans there they can just go through the motions, regardless of what MW says. Look what happened to Kevin Gallen.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:39 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:00 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
We are definitely not going to get relegated, there are a number of players whose contracts are up and a few who might be eyeing moves elsewhere. They are aren't going to risk an injury which could jeopardise their future are they? With no fans there they can just go through the motions, regardless of what MW says. Look what happened to Kevin Gallen.
We are definitely not going to get relegated. Its the word definitely that worries me.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 pm

If we did drop against all the odds - there would be one League between us and Wealdstone. Who'd have thunk that? :o

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:34 am

Well, lock down clearly has had a bad effect on us, with no points and only one goal from three games. At the moment we are 8 points above the relegation zone with a better goal difference than every team below us bar one.

I think we will pick up points before the end of the season (we were unlucky last night but played well - better than the last two games anyway.) The big question is can the likes of Hull, Stoke and Huddersfield (to name but three) get to 50 points? That I do have doubts about.

So, I think we'll be OK, one more win will make it nigh on impossible for those in and around the drop zone to overtake us.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.