Barnsley v QPR match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Barnsley v QPR match thread

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:46 pm
Now this is worrying. It's one thing getting shellacked by Forest or Brentford - but the team at the bottom :shock: Still not convinced MW knows what his best team and style of play is.
What I find depressing about today Damien is that we have been out fought from the first till the last minute by a young, inexperienced team with an average age of 22.
Barnsley have been playing well according to reports... just not getting the results. Of course we would be the team to oblige by being completely under - prepared for what might happen. Young Barnsley team full of energy and pace up against a lethargic, half-arsed QPR, rough pitch and weather - it was always going to be tough. Worrying though to let five in, and it could have been worse. We also missed a bagful. Wells is on one his barren spells and Hughill misses too many for me. Still not convinced by MW - but hopefully he is learning from days like today. We are still in a better state of health than I expected this season. Need to beat Charlton now, and this will be forgotten.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:03 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:27 pm
Devonranger wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:24 pm
Seem to have underestimated the opposition here.
Bring in Wallace at the back and moving Manning forward hasn't worked at all.
.....and it never has. I have seen this on two previous occasions and I haven't been impressed by Wallace one little bit. Keep Manning at LB and keep Pugh in midfield was the right thing to do. I have heard MW mention Wallace on numerous occasions now and he obviously has an affinity to the chap but as far as I'm concerned Wallace brings nothing to the table, and in fact every time he has played we have shipped an hatful.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm

I was there today. Very poor performance from QPR. I've no idea why Pugh was left out. We were totally aimless. Nobody seemed to really want the ball. Players throwing the ball in were waiting for someone to show and it rarely happened. And when we actually got our foot on the ball our passing was very poor.

In the first half we were trying to pass it out from the back and it was futile. Wallace was a liability.

We seem to lack a captain. Hall is a decent chap but he's not experienced enough to be captain.

Credit to Amos for taking his chances. Warburton needs to think about how he approaches games as he obviously felt he had this one in the bag. The players performed in a similar manner.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:34 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm
I was there today. Very poor performance from QPR. I've no idea why Pugh was left out. We were totally aimless. Nobody seemed to really want the ball. Players throwing the ball in were waiting for someone to show and it rarely happened. And when we actually got our foot on the ball our passing was very poor.

In the first half we were trying to pass it out from the back and it was futile. Wallace was a liability.

We seem to lack a captain. Hall is a decent chap but he's not experienced enough to be captain.

Credit to Amos for taking his chances. Warburton needs to think about how he approaches games as he obviously felt he had this one in the bag. The players performed in a similar manner.
I was at Birmingham and the defence looked so assured so it was a mistake to move Manning out into midfield and put Wallace in. Three better defensive displays in a row and now back to square one. Just seen the goals on Sky and the defending for most of the goals was hapless.
Lex Talionis........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:58 pm

We've had 3 good results in a row and Barnslaa have been cack so I expected us to lose this 1-0. at least 5-3 is entertaining. aniwall
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:23 pm

See all the game today and as people have said they were up for it more.

Hugill was very unlucky with his shot off the post but great follow up by Amos to draw level at 1-1 (didnt think Hugill added much more after that)

Sloppy goals to concede but the Chaplin took them well.

Another good finish from Amos after they went 3-1 up and when it was back at 3-2 there keeper made a great stop from Eze and then Chair came on and hit the bar. Either of those went in then who knows. Poor defending for the next two and BOS done well to set up Chair who finished it nicely (not that it mattered!)

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:08 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:09 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm

What I find depressing about today Damien is that we have been out fought from the first till the last minute by a young, inexperienced team with an average age of 22.
How the hell can you score 3 goals away from home and still get tonked? :roll:
Losing by two away isn't anywhere near as bad as getting beat by four at home.
Yeah like Nottingham forest today..... This league.results are bizarre to say the least....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Watched the highlights and I think it was just a bad day at the office mixed with some poor defending. Five of their seven on target efforts went in, possession wise we held our own. I don't often complain about individual players but sorry Wallace and Kane have done little to impress me. Kane going forward is ok but some of his defending especially in the box is woeful. Perhaps both are lacking game time, I don't know, but at the moment Manning and Rangel are far better options and if we really do have some funds available next month then the defence really does need looking at.

Not sure that they were 'more up for it' plenty of effort from our lads and some obvious disappointment as the goals reigned in. For instance Amos made up plenty of ground to be able to score his first and Ryan Manning's reaction to their fifth is priceless. Love it.

Let's see some reaction against Charlton and get back on track.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:13 pm
Conceding 4 at home and 5 away add up to the same conclusion that there's a growing
concern that our defensive unit ain't fit for purpose.
It seemed fit for purpose in the previous three games. People seem to be forgetting we were down to 10 men for most of the second half against Forest, and got caught chasing the game. Saturday was a disappointingly poor performance and result, but it happens under every manager.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:42 am

Rbee wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:19 pm
Watched the highlights and I think it was just a bad day at the office mixed with some poor defending. Five of their seven on target efforts went in, possession wise we held our own. I don't often complain about individual players but sorry Wallace and Kane have done little to impress me. Kane going forward is ok but some of his defending especially in the box is woeful. Perhaps both are lacking game time, I don't know, but at the moment Manning and Rangel are far better options and if we really do have some funds available next month then the defence really does need looking at.

Not sure that they were 'more up for it' plenty of effort from our lads and some obvious disappointment as the goals reigned in. For instance Amos made up plenty of ground to be able to score his first and Ryan Manning's reaction to their fifth is priceless. Love it.

Let's see some reaction against Charlton and get back on track.
Agree on Kane, but he's clearly been bought for what he offers in an attacking sense rather than for his defensive qualities. Rangel is a good pro and good cover, but at 37 he simply can't get up and down the pitch in the way Warburton wants his full-backs to. Kane also signed a four year contract, so I think we should be looking at improving his defensive contribution over time rather than trying to sign someone else a few months in.

Wallace is a bit of a different story, and I find it harder to see how he fits in to the way we want to play, unless it's as cover at centre back.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:43 am

Watched the stream. I thought Barnsley played very well. It reminded me a bit of us v Swansea last season. Likewise it may be that they don't play like that again this season, but if they do they won't stay that far down the table.
I thought we only really got a handle on the match when Wallace (who had a poor game) came off for Wells. Warburton subbed again after we conceded but I thought we would have been better to keep Cameron on or have a more like-for-like replacement. We seemed to me to struggle again after Chair came on.