Luongo

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Luongo

Post by Rod » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:08 pm

I understand he hasn’t figured pre season
Is he “injured “-otherwise known as waiting to move on?

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Luongo

Post by beaglebum » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:34 pm

MW and LF have already said he will be moving on. That said with only 3 weeks of the transfer window remaining maybe we should give him game time incase he cant find another club.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Highly likely any offers that do come in now will be derisory. Depends how much his salary is really hurting us.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:08 pm

I imagine we'll take more or less any offer, we are over a barrel. Some club will get a real bargain.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:29 pm

Whilst our circumstances are well known it does feel a little odd that we’ve made it so obvious we want to move him on. Also given there doesn’t seem much interest it seems odd we’re not preparing for the possibility he may remain a QPR player as he would certainly be an asset to the squad. He doesn’t seem like he would be disruptive.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:38 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:34 pm
MW and LF have already said he will be moving on. That said with only 3 weeks of the transfer window remaining maybe we should give him game time incase he cant find another club.
Pretty sure when they were asked they said everyone was available for sale - not specifically that Luongo would be sold.
Of course it'd be likely he would given he's an asset, but still.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:29 pm
Whilst our circumstances are well known it does feel a little odd that we’ve made it so obvious we want to move him on. Also given there doesn’t seem much interest it seems odd we’re not preparing for the possibility he may remain a QPR player as he would certainly be an asset to the squad. He doesn’t seem like he would be disruptive.
Agreed. Luongo has worked hard in his time at QPR, hasn't agitated for a move, and yet has seemingly been frozen out. As it looks it doesn't reflect well on the club.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm

How long left on his contract?

In 145 appearances over four years he has scored 10 goals. If that figure (goals scored) was doubled there would be a lot more interest.

In 242 career appearances he has managed 23 goals.

For Australia - 6 goals in 43 appearances.

There are plenty of midfielders available - some of them score a few goals as a bonus. Those sort of stats above are not going to tempt anyone to spend what most people on this board think he is worth, or would hope to see us receive.

We have largely underachieved over the last 3-4 years and sadly Mass has been a part of that under achievement. He is almost certainly better than that, but has never really imposed himself on a game to give a stand out performance to make people sit up and take notice.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:51 pm

I have always liked Mass and think he has always worked hard for the shirt - that said, whilst he might not have been public about a move, he seems unwilling to sign a new contract which does force the situation for the club.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:07 pm

He’s dependable & was a good link in the midfield to enable wingers & more forward thinking players like Freeman excel.

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes, I expect him to leave & he will be missed, although he doesn’t pull up any trees his work rate & professionalism is second to none, I also think his flying around the globe on a regular basis didn’t help matters.

He put a shift in & that’s all you can ask of a player, good luck to the lad.

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:51 pm

He was 2nd in the championship for tackles per game, it’s not his attacking attributes that will attract suitors.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:00 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm
How long left on his contract?
This is the last season of his contract. Les said in an interview that Luongo had informed the club that he would not be signing another.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:26 pm

I get the impression that everyone involved thought a deal would have happened by now, but something has gone wrong.
Seems unlikely that we would be freezing him out, if he already wants to go. Seems unlikely he would be playing hooky if we have told him he can.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:53 pm

jimjams wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:26 pm
I get the impression that everyone involved thought a deal would have happened by now, but something has gone wrong.
Seems unlikely that we would be freezing him out, if he already wants to go. Seems unlikely he would be playing hooky if we have told him he can.
Is he as good as people (on here) say he is? That might be the crux of the issue.

No apparent interest as yet. Despite other clubs knowing we're broke & also knowing he's moving into his final contractual year.

In the current climate you'd think £0.5m would do the trick. Yet, nothing. Odd that.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:04 pm

I hope he ends up staying, you need some continuity within the club.

The last time we started the season with a brand new team we lost 0-5 at home and ended up relegated.