Just Back

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Just Back

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Sorry folks, Cousins did not impress me yesterday and doesn't warrant a contract extension.
He tracked back a few times, obviously Eustace instigated a high press which worked, but that's all
he did. His final ball was bad on most occasions and others around me in Ellerslie concurred.

We did well yesterday without being really good, Swansea were very poor at the back.
Now thoughts to a new manager (Eustace has ruled himself out) and getting Smyth, Chair, et al
back and integrating them into the 1st team for next season.
Staff Benda Bilili

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:25 pm

...apart for the comedy staged with Rangel - that was not completely wrong...the Swansea player stopped...looked back at BOS injured...then went on playing...so much for gentlemanship...they were at midfield so quite easy decision...well, apart for that how he missed the yellow for the foul on Freeman ?? The ball was long gone and the guy went for the legs completely....and got them....it was a clear and easy yellow....

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm
Sorry folks, Cousins did not impress me yesterday and doesn't warrant a contract extension.
He tracked back a few times, obviously Eustace instigated a high press which worked, but that's all
he did. His final ball was bad on most occasions and others around me in Ellerslie concurred.

We did well yesterday without being really good, Swansea were very poor at the back.
Now thoughts to a new manager (Eustace has ruled himself out) and getting Smyth, Chair, et al
I suppose when you are determined to find wrong in him, you'll never see any good in him. Others in Loftus Road felt he was a good candidate for MOTM. I suppose with QPR winning 4-0 and looking good it must be difficult for you find the negatives; but you managed it.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 am
Andy_N19 wrote:

I suppose when you are determined to find wrong in him, you'll never see any good in him. Others in Loftus Road felt he was a good candidate for MOTM. I suppose with QPR winning 4-0 and looking good it must be difficult for you find the negatives; but you managed it.
I can't dismiss the car crash of the past 3 months, unprofessional is a polite way of putting it.
We played a disjointed side at HQ and had a god day, I am pleased, but that wasn't a "vintage" performance.
Manning caught my eye; left back position solved for me. If we played a better side it would have been a
different story and we know it.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 am
Andy_N19 wrote:

I can't dismiss the car crash of the past 3 months, unprofessional is a polite way of putting it.
We played a disjointed side at HQ and had a god day, I am pleased, but that wasn't a "vintage" performance.
Manning caught my eye; left back position solved for me. If we played a better side it would have been a
different story and we know it.
They WERE a better side, their recent performances and a push for the play offs determines that fact. QPR had a plan to beat them based on the weaknesses in their game and it worked. Cousins was an integral part of that, and one of the better performers. What happened in the past has no bearing on the theme of this thread; it is all about the game against Swansea.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.