Massimo Luongo

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Massimo Luongo

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 pm

Unused sub again today.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Massimo Luongo

Post by dm » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:04 pm

A mate just messaged me to say Luongo is world football's best kept secret. And long may it continue.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:10 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:52 pm
Unused sub again today.
Good job our club hasn't mentioned Luongo once on any of it's outlets...

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm

He can’t be far away from a starting berth. I’m really impressed by that Aussie team tho.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm

He might figure that he stands a better chance of playing for his country if he moved to a "bigger" club
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 pm

And to think of all the travelling he’s done over the past few seasons... what a waste.

He should be starting for them IMO. Whether him not playing will work for or against us I’m not yet sure.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:13 am

SM wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 pm
And to think of all the travelling he’s done over the past few seasons... what a waste.

He should be starting for them IMO. Whether him not playing will work for or against us I’m not yet sure.
Starting for them? Ahead of Mooy or the very experienced Jedinak?? I think we might see him come on if they are winning a game and want to tighten up in the middle to preserve a lead. That’s about it at the moment while the other midfielders are performing
QPR & Ireland

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 pm

He’s having a cracking World Cup long may it continue.

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 pm

He must be pretty gutted. Gone to 2 world cups and not played a single minute

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:13 am

RType wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 pm
He must be pretty gutted. Gone to 2 world cups and not played a single minute
I’d love to know the air miles that fella has clocked up lately, surely he could have found a Scottish or Welsh Ancestor & made his life a lot easier.

Atleast that way he still woudnt have played at a World Cup but woudnt have had to travel thousands of miles for the privilege.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:52 am

Barry wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:13 am
SM wrote:

Starting for them? Ahead of Mooy or the very experienced Jedinak?? I think we might see him come on if they are winning a game and want to tighten up in the middle to preserve a lead. That’s about it at the moment while the other midfielders are performing
I don’t see why they can only play 2 across the middle? We’ve accommodated 3 players centrally all of last season.

You may have seen more of Australia so be better placed to judge, but from the little I’ve seen they are seriously lacking in creativity.

Jedinak, aside from penalties, doesn’t offer anything in a creative or attacking sense. And even Mooy isn’t one to bomb forward and cause danger in the same way as Luongo.

I think the sad thing was that Mass was bang in form and on a real goal scoring run. It would have been interesting to see if he could have reproduced that on the biggest stage. I think he earned at least some game time personally.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:26 pm

SM wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:52 am
Barry wrote:
SM wrote:

I don’t see why they can only play 2 across the middle? We’ve accommodated 3 players centrally all of last season.

You may have seen more of Australia so be better placed to judge, but from the little I’ve seen they are seriously lacking in creativity.

Jedinak, aside from penalties, doesn’t offer anything in a creative or attacking sense. And even Mooy isn’t one to bomb forward and cause danger in the same way as Luongo.

I think the sad thing was that Mass was bang in form and on a real goal scoring run. It would have been interesting to see if he could have reproduced that on the biggest stage. I think he earned at least some game time personally.
Steady on - he's scored 7 goals in 100 odd games for us! As an R, I hope we see him of course at some stage on the biggest stage, but he's an improving/above average Champ midfielder right now, who hasn't even done it in the Prem.

I'd be disappointed if he left for one of our rivals, but not devastated.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

RType
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by RType » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:44 pm

stainrod's elbow wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:26 pm
SM wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:52 am
Barry wrote:

Steady on - he's scored 7 goals in 100 odd games for us! As an R, I hope we see him of course at some stage on the biggest stage, but he's an improving/above average Champ midfielder right now, who hasn't even done it in the Prem.

I'd be disappointed if he left for one of our rivals, but not devastated.
True but 5 of those goals were in the last 15 games. Hence the word "run".

He should definitely play ahead of jedinak, the aus team are crying out for someone making his kind of runs into the box, their approach play haa actually been pretty good.