Wzsolek...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Wzsolek...

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Why does Ollie persist on playing a world class winger as a wingback?

With Bolton down to 10 men, Pawel finally had a chance to go forward and when Smythe replaced Bidwell we finally had some balance in our attack on the right....

A brilliantly weighted ball from him through to Smythe set up such a great team goal....

The assist from Smythe deserves such praise cutting it back and Matt deserved that second after not being protected by another shite ref from rough defences....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Wzsolek...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 pm

World-class ? :lol:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:58 pm

He did get forward a hell of a lot even as a wing back, working really hard but I agree we would see even better stuff if played as an out- and- out winger.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

We obviously have differing opinions UxbridgeR...

My son's description as he follows all the world league's and tends to know a quality player (especially loan ones) when they turn up at Loftus Road...

Plus a player can only be as good as the players around him and he should be playing at a WORLD CUP this summer.... He tends to perform better with the likes of Smythe rather than Washington....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm

I think Wzsolek has had a poor to average season so far. He doesn't seem the same player to when he first came. That he's playing the wing back role may have contributed to this of course, even though he's okay at it. Didn't do anything special today.

If he was world class he wouldn't be playing for QPR.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:32 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm
I think Wzsolek has had a poor to average season so far. He doesn't seem the same player to when he first came. That he's playing the wing back role may have contributed to this of course, even though he's okay at it. Didn't do anything special today.

If he was world class he wouldn't be playing for QPR.
Agreed. How many "world-class wingers" can't beat a full back ?

Maybe Beckham due to the quality of his delivery, but with the best will in the world, Pawel is no Becks.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm

In the interest of harmony.... :wink:

I will rephrase my description of Pawel as an "international class" winger..... Dispute that one....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:51 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm
In the interest of harmony.... :wink:

I will rephrase my description of Pawel as an "international class" winger..... Dispute that one....
I think we understand what you mean but I'll just mention the international class midfielder Luca Tosi who plays for San Marino :wink:

stepculln

Post by stepculln » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Im no expert on tactics but I enjoyed watching his contribution today. He adds to the team, what’s not to like?

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm
We obviously have differing opinions UxbridgeR...

My son's description as he follows all the world league's and tends to know a quality player (especially loan ones) when they turn up at Loftus Road...

Plus a player can only be as good as the players around him and he should be playing at a WORLD CUP this summer.... He tends to perform better with the likes of Smythe rather than Washington....
There's a big difference between playing in the world cup and being world class. As DM says, if he was world class he wouldn't be at QPR. He wouldn't be in the championship either. I do agree that he's not a wing back though, and he seems to have lost his way this season as a result.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 am

I really try not to be a moaner but...

OMG what is he doing in the squad let alone the first team? He walks around with a look of pain on his face, if he is in pain go and recover if he isn't - sort out your body language. Horrible first touch, gives possession away with generous regularity, rarely runs into space, Seems to have no desire to go forward , passes back when he has space ahead of him and can't cross for toffee.

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:04 am

redinjun wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:29 am
I really try not to be a moaner but...

OMG what is he doing in the squad let alone the first team? He walks around with a look of pain on his face, if he is in pain go and recover if he isn't - sort out your body language. Horrible first touch, gives possession away with generous regularity, rarely runs into space, Seems to have no desire to go forward , passes back when he has space ahead of him and can't cross for toffee.
Other than that . . .
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 am

Going back to him playing the wing back role, the problem we have is that if he plays as an out and out winger then we have to change the formation and so have to play a right back meaning we lose someone further up the field. If we play one up front then what's the point of having a winger with no one to cross to? If we play with 2 in the middle then pawel will need to muck in more.

In some ways I think we need Pawel to play at wing back but to develop into the role.

It must be bloody tough being a manager and picking the team and formations.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 am

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 am
Going back to him playing the wing back role, the problem we have is that if he plays as an out and out winger then we have to change the formation and so have to play a right back meaning we lose someone further up the field. If we play one up front then what's the point of having a winger with no one to cross to? If we play with 2 in the middle then pawel will need to muck in more.

In some ways I think we need Pawel to play at wing back but to develop into the role.

Easy.....go back to the W formation !

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 am

222gers wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 am
beaglebum wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 am

Easy.....go back to the W formation !
And jumpers for goal posts.