Anti depressants doctor

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Anti depressants doctor

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:45 pm

I thought they dominated the whole first half. Frighteningly so. Then we were the better side in the second. Very bad day at the office. Unforgivable first half performance. The fact that we showed we could compete in the second half demonstrates that Ollie got the tactics wrong first half.

We’ll have days like this. I hope Ollie learned something today.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:51 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:45 pm
I thought they dominated the whole first half. Frighteningly so. Then we were the better side in the second. Very bad day at the office. Unforgivable first half performance. The fact that we showed we could compete in the second half demonstrates that Ollie got the tactics wrong first half.

But his ‘tactics’ involved playing with no width and lumping the ball long on to Shotton’s head.

Sorry but we can do a lot better than Holloway.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:52 pm

stainesranger wrote:

To me it looked like Boro took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half and held us off pretty comfortably - they were just better than us, it happens.
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:57 pm

I think there was some of that but had we caught a break and got a goal (the penalty shouts for example) then it would’ve been game on.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm

stainesranger wrote:

But he will not or is not capable of learning. How many times has this happened before.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 pm

I suppose it could be argued that a solid mid table finish on this budget isn’t a bad return?

I fear another manager might see us do worse whilst also seeing us lose some of our identity. I can’t help thinking that if the team spirit keeps improving and (who knows?) down the line we get some fresh investment that that could form the basis for something special. I don’t think we’ve exhausted that possibility quite yet. Stability is so key in football.

As has been said they were worlds apart from us today in quality.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:29 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 pm
I suppose it could be argued that a solid mid table finish on this budget isn’t a bad return?

I fear another manager might see us do worse whilst also seeing us lose some of our identity. I can’t help thinking that if the team spirit keeps improving and (who knows?) down the line we get some fresh investment that that could form the basis for something special. I don’t think we’ve exhausted that possibility quite yet. Stability is so key in football.

As has been said they were worlds apart from us today in quality.
I wonder if the team spirit will improve and not go backwards. Today I saw a team without a plan and players not really knowing what was expected

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Quality counts unfortunately. The Championship is getting a bit like the Premier. We are a bottom six side IMHO - and if we finish top of that six... then job done. If we are going to seriously going to compete in this league, then we are going to need more quality next season. Too many L1 standard players will only get you so far in this league. IH's position will also need reviewing in the summer.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Burton done 6-0 at Fulham, puts our result into perspective.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm

But who should we measuring ourselves against? Fulham or Burton Albion?

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:53 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:13 pm
dbak wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Agree totally I’m sure under someone who is tactically aware these players would do better but the structure of the club top to bottom concerns me greatly. If Holloway loves the club like he says he does he should leave
Holloway loves the club and that is the only quality needed to manager QPR
He loves the wages he’s getting.... Let’s face it, he’s hardly likely to walk in to a managers job at any other Championship club is he? In fact I doubt he’d get a job with any other club in the football league. Today was just grim.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 pm

It's his stubbornness more than anything else isn't it ? The monomania about playing the wingback system without the correct personnel to carry it out, something it seems the whole world can see but he can't. Nothing wrong with his motivational skills and he's brought a few good players into the club without any real cash to spend. It's depressing to think he'll probably still be manager at the end of next season at least but there it is. If and when we accumulate sufficient points to be in the position of trying something new perhaps he'll see the light. If we can win our relatively easy looking February home games that may come sooner rather than later.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm
Well last week it was a Burton lovein we beat a league1 side Washington scored a goal & everyone was delirious.

This week we play a decent championship side lose 3-0 & the league1 side we beat last week get done 6-0, bit of perspective don’t you think.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:07 pm
Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:50 pm
Well last week it was a Burton lovein we beat a league1 side Washington scored a goal & everyone was delirious.

This week we play a decent championship side lose 3-0 & the league1 side we beat last week get done 6-0, bit of perspective don’t you think.
Er...that’s exactly my point.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:51 pm
stainesranger wrote:

But his ‘tactics’ involved playing with no width and lumping the ball long on to Shotton’s head.

Sorry but we can do a lot better than Holloway.
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Question everything.