Ollie

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

User avatar
AMERSHAM HOOP
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:45 pm
Location: Amersham

Ollie

Post by AMERSHAM HOOP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 am

I personally think Ollie does not get the real credit he deserves, QPR through and through, he came in the 1st time in administration soon after 9 fit players, built moral passion and pride from nothing( forgiving V Motors and Cardiff) what a bad week!!

and now rebuilding again at a Rangers where EVERYONE cares and it shows.

A personal thank you Mr Ian Holloway,,, Then......Now.....Always

I've met many Ranges players since 1968, but my dream would be to meet Mr Holloway and personally thank him for how much he cares and bringing our Rangers back.
Anyone help me with my dream!


Thanks all as I said you may agree/disagree this is just my personal opinion.


U'RRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Then.....Now.....Always.......WE ARE QPR!!!

RogP
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:08 am
Location: Harpenden and Hemel Hempstead

Re: Ollie

Post by RogP » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:39 am

Agree totally - well said!

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Ollie

Post by old pauline » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:53 am

Agreed.

I would also like to meet Ollie.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Ollie

Post by 222gers » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:58 am

He has been criticised for being tactically naive and for occasionally rubbing a player up the wrong way, but it has to be said he has these players busting a gut for the club.

User avatar
Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Ollie

Post by Greyhound » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm

Most of the 'tactically naive' criticism comes from people who are mentally naive.

User avatar
Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3903
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Wormwood Scrubbs

Re: Ollie

Post by Stans left foot » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm

there's a thin line between praise, ....and brown nosing

just saying :wink:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3096
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Ollie

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:41 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm
there's a thin line between praise, ....and brown nosing

just saying :wink:
Especially so after this afternoon's proceedings at HQ
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Ollie

Post by Satch » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm
Most of the 'tactically naive' criticism comes from people who are mentally naive.
Really? Did you watch today's game?

If anything i think Holloway get's an easy ride because of our fond memories and i agree he was a big part of an enjoyable period. We started the season much better than expected and all credit to him for that, we have also looked a lot grittier this year, I think Scowen is a big part of that too. Although, lets not forget he nearly relegated us last year. I'm also in the camp of not liking his public criticism of players, I think he has a soft spot for us, I think he overplays the passion when it suits though and is a bit to keen on being a 'character'. Tactically i don't think he's any great shakes and today i thought he made a huge mistake not addressing the shape at the back and Adomah's continuous exploiting of the acres of space. How often do you come away thinking IH has really got one over the opposition? Reading springs to mind but it's not often.

Holloway certainly hasn't got an easy job on his hands and i'd love him to succeed but i wouldn't have appointed him. That said, i hope he get's the clubs full backing now he's here.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3260
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Re: Ollie

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm
Most of the 'tactically naive' criticism comes from people who are mentally naive.
Really? Did you watch today's game?

If anything i think Holloway get's an easy ride because of our fond memories and i agree he was a big part of an enjoyable period. We started the season much better than expected and all credit to him for that, we have also looked a lot grittier this year, I think Scowen is a big part of that too. Although, lets not forget he nearly relegated us last year. I'm also in the camp of not liking his public criticism of players, I think he has a soft spot for us, I think he overplays the passion when it suits though and is a bit to keen on being a 'character'. Tactically i don't think he's any great shakes and today i thought he made a huge mistake not addressing the shape at the back and Adomah's continuous exploiting of the acres of space. How often do you come away thinking IH has really got one over the opposition? Reading springs to mind but it's not often.

Holloway certainly hasn't got an easy job on his hands and i'd love him to succeed but i wouldn't have appointed him. That said, i hope he get's the clubs full backing now he's here.
Our defensive right hand side seems to be constantly exposed - worries the hell out of me every time - they were targeting Bap today and it's to his credit he did so well (not well enough in the end obviously)
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2976
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Ollie

Post by Satch » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:16 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 pm
Greyhound wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm
Most of the 'tactically naive' criticism comes from people who are mentally naive.
Really? Did you watch today's game?

If anything i think Holloway get's an easy ride because of our fond memories and i agree he was a big part of an enjoyable period. We started the season much better than expected and all credit to him for that, we have also looked a lot grittier this year, I think Scowen is a big part of that too. Although, lets not forget he nearly relegated us last year. I'm also in the camp of not liking his public criticism of players, I think he has a soft spot for us, I think he overplays the passion when it suits though and is a bit to keen on being a 'character'. Tactically i don't think he's any great shakes and today i thought he made a huge mistake not addressing the shape at the back and Adomah's continuous exploiting of the acres of space. How often do you come away thinking IH has really got one over the opposition? Reading springs to mind but it's not often.

Holloway certainly hasn't got an easy job on his hands and i'd love him to succeed but i wouldn't have appointed him. That said, i hope he get's the clubs full backing now he's here.
Our defensive right hand side seems to be constantly exposed - worries the hell out of me every time - they were targeting Bap today and it's to his credit he did so well (not well enough in the end obviously)
it felt like a continuation of the Forest game. The formation is always going to leave some space, especially when someone has the pace of Adomah. Today Cousins wasn't providing the cover there and it was obvious time after time. We should have gone to 4 at the back much sooner. Cousins isn't a wing back, i've no idea why he's playing there ahead of Wszołek, who i know hasn't been on great form, but is still a far better option, today i'd have had Furlong in that role. I do like Cousins, but he should be there to provide some extra energy in the center or cover Luongo, not as a wide man.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3080
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Ollie

Post by old pauline » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:01 am

Have to say, I agree with all that
Come on you Sooopa ........

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 772
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Ollie

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 am

Greyhound wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:20 pm
Most of the 'tactically naive' criticism comes from people who are mentally naive.
We were tactically naive against Forest and Villa. No ifs, no buts. They both exploited obvious weaknesses in our set-up which Holloway was unable to recognise. In fact Holloway has ALWAYS been tactically naive, just look at his track record in recent times. He is a really pisspoor manager. We were a complete shambles on the pitch yesterday. Luckily there are three teams worse than us in the league - Burton, Bolton and Sunderland - but we still couldn’t manage to beat any of them though.... If we lose at home to Brentford again then he has to go.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19688
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Ollie

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 am

Or you could go?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Ollie

Post by 222gers » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 am

Holloway's job is safe. Not least because the club is in no position to fork out for compensation and offer enough dough for a new manager to come in. There have been some high spots this season and we are eight points clear of the drop zone. Sure his tactics if you can call them that, are depressing but we 'll just have to hope he can find the right plan with the squad that's available.

Who do we think will come in and do better with no cash for players in the next window ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19688
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Ollie

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:32 am

222gers wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 am
Holloway's job is safe. Not least because the club is in no position to fork out for compensation and offer enough dough for a new manager to come in. There have been some high spots this season and we are eight points clear of the drop zone. Sure his tactics if you can call them that, are depressing but we 'll just have to hope he can find the right plan with the squad that's available.

Who do we think will come in and do better with no cash for players in the next window ?
Exactly this. We will hopefully avoid relegation for the next few seasons and then consolidate our Championship position with some contracts coming to an end, some sales of players we don't want to lose and Gary Penrice's scouting floodgates opening with a supply of players that can keep us afloat until the long term plans kick in. I didn't want Holloway as manager as I don't think he is an astute tactician/ game changer but he has got the skills as a man manager that we badly needed and the fruits of that are showing in a side that is short in a number of areas but don't quit on the job ahead of them.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Grimsby Ranger, nic and 19 guests