Player of the year...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Player of the year...

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Club just put up on Twitter for fans to vote their choice....

Whose yours and why?

Me?

Just want to see the end of this season to be honest and a summer away from Loftus Road, not bothered who wins but at a push Smithies...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Satch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Smithies

Manning for YPOTY

I can't think of any other candidates.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9731
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Damien » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Luongo... obviously :wink: Seriously, it has to be Smithies.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Player of the year...

Post by T-Block » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Difficult- but Luongo

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Player of the year...

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:25 pm

I haven't seen enough live games, but Smithies for me.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 9731
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Damien » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

T-Block wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:08 pm
Difficult- but Luongo
Tongue firmly in my cheek fella. If he is part of our mid-field next season... expect a repeat of this seasons struggles.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Player of the year...

Post by IJM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:37 pm

If not Smithies then it has to be Grant Hall. He has apparently made more tackles etc than any other Championship player.

I much prefer him in a back four role rather than midfield but for me I cannot remember him having a poor game. He was an excellent purchase from Spurs and I won't be surprised to see other clubs coming sniffing for his signature.

Excellent player.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2976
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Player of the year...

Post by old pauline » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 pm

IJM wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:37 pm
If not Smithies then it has to be Grant Hall. He has apparently made more tackles etc than any other Championship player.

I much prefer him in a back four role rather than midfield but for me I cannot remember him having a poor game. He was an excellent purchase from Spurs and I won't be surprised to see other clubs coming sniffing for his signature.

Excellent player.
Agree 100% with that Ian. I'd put Grant Hall ahead of Smithies. Alex has been pretty faultless but Hall's real class. You have to go back a long way to think of such a consistent player
Come on you Sooopa ........

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: Player of the year...

Post by IJM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:38 am

old pauline wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 pm
IJM wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:37 pm
If not Smithies then it has to be Grant Hall. He has apparently made more tackles etc than any other Championship player.

I much prefer him in a back four role rather than midfield but for me I cannot remember him having a poor game. He was an excellent purchase from Spurs and I won't be surprised to see other clubs coming sniffing for his signature.

Excellent player.
Agree 100% with that Ian. I'd put Grant Hall ahead of Smithies. Alex has been pretty faultless but Hall's real class. You have to go back a long way to think of such a consistent player
Hi Adam, thank you for your endorsement, hope you are keeping well.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9117
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Player of the year...

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 am

Hang on, you mean "old pauline" is really a man ?

I feel so cheated.

SheepRanger is really a sheep though, right ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 6841
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: Player of the year...

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:33 am
Hang on, you mean "old pauline" is really a man ?

I feel so cheated.

SheepRanger is really a sheep though, right ?
No,, I'm a bloke from Wales. It's the wife who's a sheep :wink:

Ramsgate_Hoop
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Ramsgate_Hoop » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:12 am

For me the easiest decision in years. Smithies hands down. Would be in the bottom 3 without him this season.

Manning young player.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19295
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am

Onuoha for me, after all the social media abuse he gets and is (almost) ever present I think he is a credit to professionalism. I don't think I have ever seen a single bad word from him in the press.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Esox.... You truly are the patron saint of lost causes....
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 19295
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Player of the year...

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:27 pm
Esox.... You truly are the patron saint of lost causes....
AKA St. Jude.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 39 guests