Paolo Rossi

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Paolo Rossi

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:54 am

Another footballing great departing for that great team in the sky and another
bit of ones youth being chipped away.

Staff Benda Bilili

qprphilip

Re: Paolo Rossi

Post by qprphilip » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 am

So sad to hear this, it seems everyday now that someone passes who you feel you know really well.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 am

Sad to hear that. Great player. Paulo won me a bit of cash when he destroyed Brazil in '82. What a match that was.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:27 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 am
Sad to hear that. Great player. Paulo won me a bit of cash when he destroyed Brazil in '82. What a match that was.
....still remember that match like it was yesterday...I was very young and watching it on TV with a friend....so much shouting and celebrating....
that was indeed the real final...that Brazil was a fantastic team...it would have been enough a draw for them to get to the semi final
but they wanted to win...and Rossi punished them.....actually Italy scored even a fourth goal that was disallowed, but it was good...not off-side
as it was called....

any way Rossi was loved in Italy and not only for those 6 goals that gave us the World Cup, but because he was a simple, nice, genuine guy.
Even after he retired he never made the news, always keeping his private life very private....

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:54 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:27 pm
Montag wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:31 am
....still remember that match like it was yesterday...I was very young and watching it on TV with a friend....so much shouting and celebrating....
that was indeed the real final...that Brazil was a fantastic team...it would have been enough a draw for them to get to the semi final
but they wanted to win...and Rossi punished them.....actually Italy scored even a fourth goal that was disallowed, but it was good...not off-side
as it was called....

any way Rossi was loved in Italy and not only for those 6 goals that gave us the World Cup, but because he was a simple, nice, genuine guy.
Even after he retired he never made the news, always keeping his private life very private....
One of the best WC games ever. When the winner went in I jumped up so high I nearly hit my head on the ceiling! Great days.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare