The Perfect Storm?

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

The Perfect Storm?

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:00 am

So we play Luton this evening after a really embarrassing home performance against Sheff Wed on Saturday....

My thoughts go back to last autumn when we hosted "little Luton" at the KPFS and proceeded in the first 30 minutes to give them a master class in attacking football racing into a 3 - 0 lead....

"3 - 0 on your big day out" was ringing round the stadium

The sky was blue and all looked well in the West London football world...

Joe Lumley then played a ball straight to a Luton forward who punted it into the net and a very uncomfortable afternoon was had by all QPR fans as we scraped to a 3 - 2 win at full time....

Roll on 9 months later, a major pandemic decimates the season in March and on the resumption of football in the last week "little Wycombe" under Gareth Ainsworth will join us in the championship next season.... what's the odds we lose to them?

Even worse both Brentford and Fulham could both realistically be playing in the Premier League next season and we could play a major part in automatic promotion for either of them if WBA have a nervous wobble against the gift that currently keeps giving QPR in their final match of the season....

Had to get this out of my system hoping at least the last part doesn't happen ....

Tonight's match?

Really struggling to get any enthusiasm to bother watching it on QPR Live +.

Don't begrudge not taking the refund on my season ticket but Saturday's "efforts" just wants an end to this season for me.... :(
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: The Perfect Storm?

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Systemsguy wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:00 am
..in many years of watching football live (more often) or on TV (more seldom), I have never left the stadium or the couch before the very end.
I was still there in the upper Loft when we scored twice vs. Brentford a couple of season ago to steal one point.....

but last Saturday ...I admit it...for the first time in my life I gave up...
I stood up from my desk 10 minutes before the end...I had had ENOUGH... :( :( :roll: :roll:

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:27 pm

That 1st half at our place earlier this season was some of the best football I've ever seen
at HQ, if we keep it down to 2 then I'll be happy.

My, things have changed eh.
Staff Benda Bilili

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Giorgio wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:57 pm
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:00 am
..in many years of watching football live (more often) or on TV (more seldom), I have never left the stadium or the couch before the very end.
I was still there in the upper Loft when we scored twice vs. Brentford a couple of season ago to steal one point.....

but last Saturday ...I admit it...for the first time in my life I gave up...
I stood up from my desk 10 minutes before the end...I had had ENOUGH... :( :( :roll: :roll:
Absolutely the same Giorgio was one of the fools who hung around against Brentford and watched us grab that unlikely draw, remember a match soon after and us being 2 down AGAIN and we grabbed one back late and all the usual suspects who had scarpered against Brentford were hanging around expecting us to turn it around....

Then again I also sat all the way through the Bolton, Swansea and Newcastle debacles.....

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:50 am

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:05 pm
Then again I also sat all the way through the Bolton, Swansea and Newcastle debacles.....
...I was there for Swansea - Rob Green's debut - 5 but could have been more :roll: ....
and Newcastle too...that being a mid-week, late kick-off fixtures, I stayed overnight, so after the match I had a nice walk back to
the Premier Inn in Chiswick and remember I was thinking... :lol:

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm

The baggies are drawing with Huddersfield and if they don't win tonight, it's in Brentford's hands to win their last two games and grab the second promotion spot behind Leeds as likely champions 🀒

Fulham have won a playoff before.....

Looks like South West London will be looking down on us next season,

Oh the indignity of it! πŸ™„

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:23 pm

2 - 1 to Huddersfield.... 5/10 mins to go

Baggies are a busted flush.... Could even see us trurn them over at the Hawthorn's to rub their noses in it

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:23 pm
2 - 1 to Huddersfield.... 5/10 mins to go

Baggies are a busted flush.... Could even see us trurn them over at the Hawthorn's to rub their noses in it
Huddersfield won 2 1

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm
The baggies are drawing with Huddersfield and if they don't win tonight, it's in Brentford's hands to win their last two games and grab the second promotion spot behind Leeds as likely champions 🀒

Fulham have won a playoff before.....

Looks like South West London will be looking down on us next season,

Oh the indignity of it! πŸ™„
...they managed to lose, so even worse now...ok they will get 3 easy points on their last match but still Brentford have a very good chance to go second...

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Unbelievably Brentford now need a favour off us again....

They lost to Stoke today and now it's back in the baggies court to beat us and go up....

You know we're going to beat them don't you?

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:54 pm

So its Brentford v Fulham (can't see them blowing it at the cottage)

so its the devil or the deep blue sea....

Really stuck with who I want to lose most....

Bees lose and they are likely to win automatic promotion next season like dirty Leeds this season

Remember the pain of that spanking by Fulham in 2011 and wondering how gutting it will be being sat at home ( or in the pub) winning promotion at Wembley for the bees fans and to top it all all those "big" games likely behind closed doors next season

Never can take away what a wonderful day it was for us fans who attended in May 2014