Bernie Ecclestone...

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:53 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 am
Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:33 pm
DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:13 am
Every protest movement from the suffrage movement to the poll tax protests (not riots, the only rioting was started by the police) has been smeared as a dangerous communist/marxist/anarchist group of thugs. I wouldn't be so quick to believe the alt-right spin doctors/press.

https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-n ... g-18360724

Quite simply, you are either with us and on the right side of history or not.
This is the kind of black and white, we're right and you're wrong, there can be no debate, nonsense that people are sick to death of. There are plenty of grey in this and the vast majority of people that fall into this grey area are sane and don't like to be smeared just for disagreeing. Everyone I know thinks black lives matter. Very few of them are particularly supportive of the movement called Black Lives Matter and none that I know will take a knee.

What I expect, but don't see, are people who refuse to kneel for BLM given the same respect as those who refuse to wear the poppy.
There is no equivalence between these two things. Either you acknowledge the fact, and it is a fact, that the institutions of this country - from the police, schools, universities, business, government are institutionally racist and that needs to change, or you don't. There's no grey area, there's nothing to debate, it's time for proper change and not endless reports and recommendations that go nowhere.
That's not a fact, that's an opinion. But if you aren't prepared to even discuss it theres a long road ahead.

User avatar
DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 am

Lee Gib wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:53 pm
DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 am
Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:33 pm


This is the kind of black and white, we're right and you're wrong, there can be no debate, nonsense that people are sick to death of. There are plenty of grey in this and the vast majority of people that fall into this grey area are sane and don't like to be smeared just for disagreeing. Everyone I know thinks black lives matter. Very few of them are particularly supportive of the movement called Black Lives Matter and none that I know will take a knee.

What I expect, but don't see, are people who refuse to kneel for BLM given the same respect as those who refuse to wear the poppy.
There is no equivalence between these two things. Either you acknowledge the fact, and it is a fact, that the institutions of this country - from the police, schools, universities, business, government are institutionally racist and that needs to change, or you don't. There's no grey area, there's nothing to debate, it's time for proper change and not endless reports and recommendations that go nowhere.
That's not a fact, that's an opinion. But if you aren't prepared to even discuss it theres a long road ahead.
It's already been a long road and if you can't accept facts you aren't worth discussing anything with.


https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... +in+the+uk

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4811
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Bernie Ecclestone...

Post by Montag » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Montag wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:24 pm
DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 am


There is no equivalence between these two things. Either you acknowledge the fact, and it is a fact, that the institutions of this country - from the police, schools, universities, business, government are institutionally racist and that needs to change, or you don't. There's no grey area, there's nothing to debate, IT'S TIME FOR PROPER CHANGE and not endless reports and recommendations that go nowhere.
What kind of change is being proposed? What are BLM's demands?
To not be treated any differently to anyone else purely because of the colour of their skin. I think that is their only demand.
Quite right.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Post Reply