General Election called

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: General Election called

Post by Damien » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:17 pm
Damien wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:55 pm
Nw6ranger wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:43 pm
I'm certain that they know Boris will not do anything for them over the next few years. JC was unelectable .
Then that is the definition of stupidity. Corbyn may have been unelectable, but people could have voted tactically to keep BoJo out. Handing the keys to No 10 to this dangerous man, just beggars belief to me. Maybe I'm out of touch with the electorate in England :shock: At least over here people are finally starting to slowly turn their back on SF and the DUP? Both votes down thankfully :)
So we would havze the unelectable Corbyn as prime minister
He was only unelectable because of the right-wing media's constant character assassination. He's history me, but Labour need to think long and hard about who will replace him - because he/she will get the same treatment. A new Social Democrat party may be the way forward for Labour. Nationalist politics is the vogue in all the contries that make up the UK. I personally think the Union has outlived it's time and we will see it's final break up in the years to come. Sad but inevitable.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:58 pm

And "first part the post" has had its day too.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Damien wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:58 pm
Who's going vote to change it, not the conservatives or labour

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:36 am

QPR_John wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:00 pm
Damien wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:58 pm
Who's going vote to change it, not the conservatives or labour
Don't have the answers unfortunately. But this has been such a seismic change in British/English politics, I'm hoping anything can happen.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Well that didn't take them long did it? Healthcare if you can afford it.
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6425258
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:52 pm
", he advocates an insurance system "for those who can afford it"."

Similar to raising tax rates for those who can afford it

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:06 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Are you familiar with the expression "the thin end of the wedge"? Well with the privatisation of services and personnel we are already about a third of the way up that wedge and this is just moving the notch up a bit more. How long before those with medical insurance will be told they need to increase their premiums to cover types of illnesses etc? Have a look into the structure of US insurance based medical care; it is not designed to help those that are not well off.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:14 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

Are you familiar with the expression "the thin end of the wedge"? Well with the privatisation of services and personnel we are already about a third of the way up that wedge and this is just moving the notch up a bit more. How long before those with medical insurance will be told they need to increase their premiums to cover types of illnesses etc? Have a look into the structure of US insurance based medical care; it is not designed to help those that are not well off.
Never pictured you worrying about those with private medical insurance.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:14 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Half my family live in the US so it is an issue for me. Yesterday was the anniversary of my step daughters death which was wholly as a result of her not being able to afford the right level of health insurance.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Damien wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:04 pm
Talk about "cutting your nose off to spite your face". There are some truly cretinous individuals amongst the working class. "Class traitors" every one of them. At least while we are all suffering under this Sociopath, I'll comfort myself knowing they will be suffering the most. My heart goes out to the decent people of England who have been shafted and undermined by their fellow citizens. Don't be under any illusions as to what havoc Johnson will be able to unleash in five years. We need a new Social Democratic Party in place to fight again. Social justice is still worth fighting for.
What a horrible, condescending and bitter post.
Lex Talionis........

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:14 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Half my family live in the US so it is an issue for me. Yesterday was the anniversary of my step daughters death which was wholly as a result of her not being able to afford the right level of health insurance.
Nobody wants a US system here so I do not understand where you are coming from. The article you posted which started this introduced the idea of an insurance scheme for those that can afford it as opposed to what you are suggesting that everybody will need insurance or will be left without help. You may be right but that article was not evidence

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:24 am

Damien wrote:
Don't be under any illusions as to what havoc Johnson will be able to unleash in five years.
Sorry Damien but this is just rubbish. Do you think that the civil service, advisors, other MP's, the House of Lords and even Her Maj would let any Prime Minister create national 'havoc.' Come on!

A Labour Government would have been as ok as a Conservative Government but no doubting a Corbyn lead Government would have been a disaster both nationally and internationally as he would have been starting on the backfoot such was the global mistrust in him.

An amazing result for Boris with such a large working majority, this will make us the envy of many a nation stuck in the coalition loop like we were. The people have spoken again, Merkle take note.

However little will change so why make a fuss? Both parties promised tax cuts and increased public spending, how does that work then?! All lie, all break pre election promises, all cut funding everywhere as there simply isn't the money. Boris is a remainer so Brexit will be soft.

All want to throw more money at the NHS rather than run it efficiently. Crazy. Build dozens of new hospitals (yeah right!) and staff them with who exactly? Less and less kids in this country want to attend university and forge careers so we have to import more and more doctors and nurses from abroad eventually leaving other countries under resourced, hardly fair is it?

REAL change is required to make any significant progress and there is no sign of that happening from any political party.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 am

Rbee wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:24 am
Damien wrote:
Don't be under any illusions as to what havoc Johnson will be able to unleash in five years.
Sorry Damien but this is just rubbish. Do you think that the civil service, advisors, other MP's, the House of Lords and even Her Maj would let any Prime Minister create national 'havoc.' Come on!

A Labour Government would have been as ok as a Conservative Government but no doubting a Corbyn lead Government would have been a disaster both nationally and internationally as he would have been starting on the backfoot such was the global mistrust in him.

An amazing result for Boris with such a large working majority, this will make us the envy of many a nation stuck in the coalition loop like we were. The people have spoken again, Merkle take note.

However little will change so why make a fuss? Both parties promised tax cuts and increased public spending, how does that work then?! All lie, all break pre election promises, all cut funding everywhere as there simply isn't the money. Boris is a remainer so Brexit will be soft.

All want to throw more money at the NHS rather than run it efficiently. Crazy. Build dozens of new hospitals (yeah right!) and staff them with who exactly? Less and less kids in this country want to attend university and forge careers so we have to import more and more doctors and nurses from abroad eventually leaving other countries under resourced, hardly fair is it?

REAL change is required to make any significant progress and there is no sign of that happening from any political party.
Boris is a remainer ? If so, he's played the electorate like a fiddle.

But yes, five more years of a Conservative government will be just fine, as long you're not poor, unemployed, disabled, have mental health problems or are unfortunate enough to be part of any other vulnerable minority. Those "red wall" areas that have turned blue will get their beloved Brexit, but precious little else beyond that, I suspect. I know we often hear that they feel they have nothing to lose, but they may well be in for an unpleasant surprise.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Johnson can do one thing for me straight away. Give the SNP their Indy 2 ASAP. I will not be able to listen to these windbags at every bulletin for years to come, trotting out their mantra :roll:

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Would love to see the back of Nicola Sturgeon.

Damien there will be cuts made all over the place whichever party is in power. People complain about ten years of austerity under The Tories and yet the National Debt has risen during that time. There simply isn’t the cash out there and currently no change in Government will alter that fact. How what money there is is spent has to radically change.

I own two beautiful solid well made 6ft bookcases, the sort that would cost £500 new each minimum. When I bought them they cost me £75 each and they still look new. I bought them from a second hand office furniture dealer I have known for years. I asked him where he had got them from and he told me The NHS.

So here is one tiny example of how the NHS managed to turn £1000 in to £50 in the space of three or four years. Criminal. Why sell them at all, just because one department no longer wants them somewhere within the NHS another department will but they will just buy new again.