RIP Bury FC

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

RIP Bury FC

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 am

A very sad day for football.

A very sad day for Bury FC.

I think we can all agree the Football League's fit and proper persons' test is not fit for purpose.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: RIP Bury FC

Post by QPR_John » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:55 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 am

I think we can all agree the Football League's fit and proper persons' test is not fit for purpose.
Somebody can put me right on this but as I see it we run up massive debts but our owners write them off, thus protecting the club, so the FL fine us and Bury run up debts and the owner washes his hands of the club so the FL expel them. You lose some and you lose some.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:22 am

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:55 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:40 am

Somebody can put me right on this but as I see it we run up massive debts but our owners write them off, thus protecting the club, so the FL fine us and Bury run up debts and the owner washes his hands of the club so the FL expel them. You lose some and you lose some.
Surely no coincidence that Shaun Harvey, the man with plenty of experience of being at clubs with financial issues before somehow getting the EFL top job, decides to leave just before all this happens. Absolutely shocking.

The EFL have confirmed they didn't bother getting any financial proofs from Steve Dale when he took over: it beggars belief.
Lex Talionis........

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Many will follow, running a club outside the premier league is not sustainable.

The disparities between the premier league & the football league is frightening.

Premier League clubs as a whole made 600m last season the football league as a whole lost 500m.

80% of premier league clubs wages are made up by media revenue, 20% of football league clubs wages are covered by media income, so where do they find the rest of the money from? A bottomless pit in the shareholders pockets?

Something has to change or this will be a common occurrence.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:09 pm

Really sad story and could easily have been us.

No matter my other whingings on here, Rangers are in my mind
a well run ship now thank goodness.

Long live Bury!!! Image
Staff Benda Bilili