The truth at last

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: The truth at last

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Pre advisory referendum £1 = $1.56
Today £1 = $1.16
My weekly shop has increased around 20% in the same period for more or less the same stuff every week.
Thanks Leave voters... for nothing.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Today £1 = $1.16
My weekly shop has increased around 20% in the same period for more or less the same stuff every week.
I assume there is no scenario would make you want to leave the EU.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:14 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:33 am
Montag wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:07 pm
just better.
In what way were the 1970's "better"?
At the end of the day we did not vote for the EU in 1975. No government since has had a mandate to intergrate this country into the political union that the EU is now. Now I am not arguing one way or the other simply saying the result of the referendum in 2016 was to get out of an organisation we never voted to join. The point is we were lied to in 1975 as I cannot believe the plans for a political union were not at an advanced stage then, they had to be.
We weren't "lied" to, we voted to join a loose economic entity which has evolved organically.
The economic advantages have been huge. Are you a little Englander? Do you as well hanker for a
Dickensian ideal fostered by a Palmerston-like foreign policy buttressed by frigates the Royal Navy no longer have?
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Today £1 = $1.16
Not really, the UK were the ones who voted down the proposals to crack down on tax avoidance by large companies. Currently the government doesn't give a flying wander about anyone other than the rich upper classes. There were steps to have the Human Rights act removed from British law. This football forum isn't the place to go into all that I think is wrong with politics in this country but nearly all the laws enacted to undermine the working and middle classes in this country were all brought in by the UK government, NOT the EU.
This country needs to have a non London based, centric political party which looks after ALL it's residents.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:33 am

In what way were the 1970's "better"?
At the end of the day we did not vote for the EU in 1975. No government since has had a mandate to intergrate this country into the political union that the EU is now. Now I am not arguing one way or the other simply saying the result of the referendum in 2016 was to get out of an organisation we never voted to join. The point is we were lied to in 1975 as I cannot believe the plans for a political union were not at an advanced stage then, they had to be.
We weren't "lied" to, we voted to join a loose economic entity which has evolved organically.
The economic advantages have been huge. Are you a little Englander? Do you as well hanker for a
Dickensian ideal fostered by a Palmerston-like foreign policy buttressed by frigates the Royal Navy no longer have?
Oh dear

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:33 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Today £1 = $1.16
Not really, the UK were the ones who voted down the proposals to crack down on tax avoidance by large companies. Currently the government doesn't give a flying wander about anyone other than the rich upper classes. There were steps to have the Human Rights act removed from British law. This football forum isn't the place to go into all that I think is wrong with politics in this country but nearly all the laws enacted to undermine the working and middle classes in this country were all brought in by the UK government, NOT the EU.
This country needs to have a non London based, centric political party which looks after ALL it's residents.
Then the EU have not managed to protect us from unscrupulous governments and our stupidity in voting for them. I thought that was one of the main reasons for staying in.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm

It would have been worse without their restraints.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:52 pm
but nearly all the laws enacted to undermine the working and middle classes in this country were all brought in by the UK government, NOT the EU.
..but somehow the public opinion has been driven and convinced to believe that the EU is the one to be blamed....

Paul Fitz
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Paul Fitz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:11 am

........and The EU is a bastion of democracy.
Alone again in the lap of luxury

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:39 am

Paul Fitz wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:11 am
It's not a case of good vs evil. or any other black & white scenario you care to choose, the EU, IMO, has many shortcomings and some things that are worse than the UK version but overall I would rather be in the EU than out of it.
With a subject relevant to many on this board; take a look at the state pensions of the major players in the EU. Take a look at the healthcare in these countries too, all in far better shape than they are in the UK. The people of Europe appear to value their citizens a lot more than our ruling classes value us.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:43 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:13 pm
It would have been worse without their restraints.
Well that is a novel argument

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:34 pm

..you know....there is something called "Risk assessment"....something that any normal company does before going into a huge change or renovation, giving an idea of the risks coming with the change, good and bad, positive and negative....so at the end you have a better idea and take the decision...
my company did before deciding if to move into the cloud or not...

I wonder if whoever is running the country has done anything like that before implementing the Brexit....looking at the mess that is now the country....I really doubt...unless the few studies made are those that have been labelled as "project fear"... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:00 pm

Paul Fitz wrote:
..well, IMO it is....and as your sentence sounds a little bit ironic......would you mind providing some practical example supporting such statement...?
Can you tell when and where the EU has come to limit your freedom or interfering with your rights as a citizen...?

Just curiosity, cos if I think of my own life I cannot find anything like that.....I am Italian....I married a foreigner, I moved around Europe,
going to live and work in another European country, finding the same rights that I had in my country of origin....I can work, move doing everything I like, so I cannot see this state of Fascist Laws that somebody is trying to picture out of the EU... :roll: :roll:

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:27 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:53 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:51 pm
QPR_John wrote:

Oh dear
Oh no.
Staff Benda Bilili

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Paul Fitz wrote:
Many would argue that democracy is being undermined in Britain with such a socially exclusive/divisive
government headed by numerous Old Etonians, Oxbridge luvvies and then there's Rees-Mogg....
Staff Benda Bilili