Underdog Hunt

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Underdog Hunt

Post by Montag » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:02 pm

"I've been the underdog from the beginning" says Jeremy Hunt. What, since he was born the son of an Admiral, became head boy at Charterhouse or was President of the Oxford University Conservatives? Talk about removed from reality. :roll:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Underdog Hunt

Post by 222gers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:24 pm

I heard on the car radio that a poll of Conservative party members puts Hunt ahead of Johnson. I intensely dislike the pair of 'em, but Hunt is the less rebarbative of the two. Johnson scares the life out of me.....if selected he will be the worst PM ever, worse even than May and Cameron.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Just read in today's Times that some Tory MPs are considering jumping ship if Johnson becomes PM thus removing the Tory majority, bringing about a vote of no confidence so Johnson could be PM for a matter of days. I don't believe it, but it cheered me up for a short while.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:53 pm

...well...it looks like BJ just shot his own foot with the latest private fracas..... :roll: :roll:

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:44 pm

Even the interview on BBC1 this evening looked like a damage limitation exercise.
Johnson is in fairy land; even if you grudgingly accept that Conservatives are a necessary evil,
this guy seems well beyond the pale.
Staff Benda Bilili