Trump

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

willesdenr

Re: Trump

Post by willesdenr » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:24 am

dm wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:18 am
Thanks for posting that, willesdenr. Interesting stuff indeed, particularly given where it comes from.
Indeed DM, even the New York Times had an article claiming Farage was the most dangerous man in Britain. A triumvirate of Johnson, Farage and Trump running the UK worries me to death.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 am
Still, just call them all nazis and it's all justified eh.
Lee, I'm not calling Trump or Farage NAZIs, I just liken their rhetoric to that heard in the 30's.
It's identical, just search for any Mussolini speech on YouTube in particular. Cack-arsed at best and
ultimately costing millions of lives at worse.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 am

Lee Gib wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 pm
Lee Gib wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Such is the nature of satire on the internet, but I can't quite tell whether or not you're taking the piss here.
well if you're doubting the sincerety of what Esox is saying, this pic was taken after that rally in Charlottesville.
Sobering scene eh...
Well how many pictures are can you find of violence against old men just for wearing MAGA hats or Brexit party badges? The suggestion that violence is only perpetuated by Trump fans or those on the right is beyond stupid.

You obviously didn't follow Trump's presidency campaign then. It was littered with violence at his rallies and on one occasion Trump offering to pay the court costs for anyone arrested for assault on people protesting against him at the rally. Denial seems to be a common trope amongst Trump supporters, led by the man himself, as demonstrated by his denial of any protests against him during his recent visit.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:09 am

What about the old Trump supporter who got assaulted by a mob who splatted him with shake and pushed all him over the place when he tried to debate them? Televised here in London. Campbell slung out of the Labour party for voting LD while anti-semites and sex predators swept under the carpet. Kettle and pot - Good old Jezza. Sticking to his non-principles.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:10 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 am
Lee Gib wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:59 pm

well if you're doubting the sincerety of what Esox is saying, this pic was taken after that rally in Charlottesville.
Sobering scene eh...
Well how many pictures are can you find of violence against old men just for wearing MAGA hats or Brexit party badges? The suggestion that violence is only perpetuated by Trump fans or those on the right is beyond stupid.

You obviously didn't follow Trump's presidency campaign then. It was littered with violence at his rallies and on one occasion Trump offering to pay the court costs for anyone arrested for assault on people protesting against him at the rally. Denial seems to be a common trope amongst Trump supporters, led by the man himself, as demonstrated by his denial of any protests against him during his recent visit.
If you're talking about political violence, denial is not confined to Trump supporters. Clearly.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:43 am

Montag wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:10 am
There is an argument that Corbyn has more in common with Adolf than Trump does.
I'd be interested to hear that argument. It's purely hypothetical in any case, since Corbyn has never had any power, while Trump has been the leader of the most powerful country on the planet for nearly 2 and a half years now.
Montag wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:10 am
My personal experience in British politics, which is not insignificant, is that left wing extremists are far more likely to resort to aggression, intimidation and violence than right wingers.
Are you comparing left wing extremists with ordinary right-wingers, or with right-wing extremists ?

I don't condone the milkshake crap or shouting "Nazi scum" in the face of Trump supporters, but I don't recall any left-wingers murdering an MP or attempting to run over Muslims outside a mosque in the last few years.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:55 am

Today's installment of why he isn't fit to meet other people, let alone rule over them.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... f8b50633cd

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Is Trump part of the establishment? Or is he an outsider (albeit a rich one). What about Farage? What has happened in politics is that everything has changed. There is no left and right in the traditional sense. There are now Nationalists and Globalists. Who does the establishment represent? What is the end game? Whose side are you on? Corbyn has much in common with Trump. The difference is, Corbyn will never be allowed to run the UK.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Montag, you appear to have started a thread entitled Trump in order to shoot at Corbyn. An interesting if unusual approach. You clearly dislike Corbyn but seem to have a bit of a thing for Donald. Or have I got that wrong?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:15 pm
Montag, you appear to have started a thread entitled Trump in order to shoot at Corbyn. An interesting if unusual approach. You clearly dislike Corbyn but seem to have a bit of a thing for Donald. Or have I got that wrong?
That wasn't my intention but it does seem to have gone that way. Actually, I agree with Corbyn on a lot of industrial issues. But he is a poor leader who refuses to say where he really stands on Brexit and his weakness in dealing with the anti-semitism and sexism in the party is an endorsement of that. Trump is a vulgarian but he is voicing concerns that people in the USA have that other politicians have refused to face up to. He is also trying to preserve their industries in a way that Blair and Brown would never contemplate. I can't say I like Trump or Farage but surely the ballot box is better than the whole thing festering underground.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 pm
dm wrote:
That wasn't my intention but it does seem to have gone that way. Actually, I agree with Corbyn on a lot of industrial issues. But he is a poor leader who refuses to say where he really stands on Brexit and his weakness in dealing with the anti-semitism and sexism in the party is an endorsement of that. Trump is a vulgarian but he is voicing concerns that people in the USA have that other politicians have refused to face up to. He is also trying to preserve their industries in a way that Blair and Brown would never contemplate. I can't say I like Trump or Farage but surely the ballot box is better than the whole thing festering underground.
I feel similarly about Corbyn's leadership, and over his position on Brexit in particular. Nonetheless, I like the stand on issues of social justice he takes and I would rather have him as PM, even with his weaknesses, than most others. You said he'd never be allowed to run the UK and you may well be right. The establishment is terrified at the prospect.

You make fair points about Trump and even to a point about Farage. They've tapped into a zeitgeist ignored or unseen by others. That they and other popularists are in positions of power or influence only demonstrates how deficient are our political leaders and systems and leaders at this time.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:18 pm
Montag wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 pm
dm wrote:
I feel similarly about Corbyn's leadership, and over his position on Brexit in particular. Nonetheless, I like the stand on issues of social justice he takes and I would rather have him as PM, even with his weaknesses, than most others. You said he'd never be allowed to run the UK and you may well be right. The establishment is terrified at the prospect.

You make fair points about Trump and even to a point about Farage. They've tapped into a zeitgeist ignored or unseen by others. That they and other popularists are in positions of power or influence only demonstrates how deficient are our political leaders and systems and leaders at this time.
And THAT ^^^ is the crux of the matter. Government has become London centric and many other parts of the country need a voice to address their concerns and it is unfortunate that it is the Farages and Waxy Lemons who have tapped into this. The country needs a true centrist party who will confront the economic issues without laying them at the door of the weak and "different".

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Montag wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm
For me, there have been worse than DT in the White House. Just in my lifetime: Nixon, Reagan, Bush jnr. Maybe even Clinton with his Nafta deal that damaged US industry. If you look at Trump's industrial policies you'll find he has more in common with Wedgie Benn, Michael Foot and Corbyn than with Reagan and old mother Thatcher.
That doesn't make him any more palatable because he is part of a coterie that shouldn't be anywhere near political decision making. The fact that he has stated that he wants the NHS to be part of any Trade deal makes him an enemy of the United Kingdom.
"an enemy of the United Kingdom"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Lex Talionis........

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:36 pm

White Duck wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:55 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:04 pm
Montag wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:41 pm
For me, there have been worse than DT in the White House. Just in my lifetime: Nixon, Reagan, Bush jnr. Maybe even Clinton with his Nafta deal that damaged US industry. If you look at Trump's industrial policies you'll find he has more in common with Wedgie Benn, Michael Foot and Corbyn than with Reagan and old mother Thatcher.
That doesn't make him any more palatable because he is part of a coterie that shouldn't be anywhere near political decision making. The fact that he has stated that he wants the NHS to be part of any Trade deal makes him an enemy of the United Kingdom.
"an enemy of the United Kingdom"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
If he tries to dismantle our Welfare State... then yes he is "my enemy". Give me Europe over the US any day of the week.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

The bloke is a cünt plain and simple.
https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/ ... xmAI-fPL_o