Trump

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4626
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Trump

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:08 am

So there's going to be a big protest here to greet DT. What hypocrites these people are. Where were they when the Chinese Premiere was here? I don't 'spose any of them have heard about Tiananmen et al? Trump is here to commerorate D-Day. Something else these crets don't know or care about either. Rant over.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10078
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Trump

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am

It may be inconsistent, but hardly hypocritical. There are protests against other state visits, though admittedly on nothing like the same scale.

Perhaps that's because America portrays itself as the leader of the "free" world, and as a long standing ally, we hope for rather better than the "leadership" Trump provides. By any measure, he's an extremely divisive figure, who deliberately whip up emotions on either side.

It's also rather silly to suggest that people who are protesting against him don't know or care about commemorating D-Day.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4626
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Trump

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 am

They don't. Have you heard them?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21152
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Trump

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am

Is he over here to commiserate over Adolf getting beaten or the Allies winning? You know what these right wing types are like.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10078
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Trump

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:25 am

Montag wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:53 am
They don't. Have you heard them?
What, all of them ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10078
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Trump

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:25 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:16 am
Is he over here to commiserate over Adolf getting beaten or the Allies winning? You know what these right wing types are like.
He thinks there were very fine people on both sides.
Last edited by UxbridgeR on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13337
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Trump

Post by dm » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:59 am

I've taken part in some but not all of the protests against those dodgy regimes with which the UK does business. Does that make me a bad person?

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Trump

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am
It may be inconsistent, but hardly hypocritical. There are protests against other state visits, though admittedly on nothing like the same scale.

Perhaps that's because America portrays itself as the leader of the "free" world, and as a long standing ally, we hope for rather better than the "leadership" Trump provides. By any measure, he's an extremely divisive figure, who deliberately whip up emotions on either side.

It's also rather silly to suggest that people who are protesting against him don't know or care about commemorating D-Day.
Corbyn went to the dinner for the Chinese but is boycotting Trump, ditto Khan.

Pure lefty hypocrisy.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13337
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Trump

Post by dm » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:36 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am
It may be inconsistent, but hardly hypocritical. There are protests against other state visits, though admittedly on nothing like the same scale.

Perhaps that's because America portrays itself as the leader of the "free" world, and as a long standing ally, we hope for rather better than the "leadership" Trump provides. By any measure, he's an extremely divisive figure, who deliberately whip up emotions on either side.

It's also rather silly to suggest that people who are protesting against him don't know or care about commemorating D-Day.
Corbyn went to the dinner for the Chinese but is boycotting Trump, ditto Khan.

Pure lefty hypocrisy.
:lol: Thank goodness we've got the righteous right on our side.

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5270
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Trump

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:39 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Corbyn went to the dinner for the Chinese but is boycotting Trump, ditto Khan.
Maybe he just felt for Dumpling Soup rather than eat with Pumpkin head.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10078
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Trump

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:47 pm

The OP referred to the wider protests at his visit. I didn't realise we were going through "lefties" one by one, but fair comment on Corbyn.

Khan was singled out by Trump for criticism going as far back as the London terror attacks in 2017. What a friend of the UK the President has been. Little wonder Khan wants nothing to do with him.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21152
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Trump

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:54 pm

It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3709
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Trump

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:15 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:45 am
It may be inconsistent, but hardly hypocritical. There are protests against other state visits, though admittedly on nothing like the same scale.

Perhaps that's because America portrays itself as the leader of the "free" world, and as a long standing ally, we hope for rather better than the "leadership" Trump provides. By any measure, he's an extremely divisive figure, who deliberately whip up emotions on either side.

It's also rather silly to suggest that people who are protesting against him don't know or care about commemorating D-Day.
Corbyn went to the dinner for the Chinese but is boycotting Trump, ditto Khan.

Pure lefty hypocrisy.
Are you insinuating that the right are above doublespeak?
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4620
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Trump

Post by Giorgio » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:10 pm

well..I don't think it is a protest against the President of the US....but specifically on the person Trump.....that is IMO one of the worst ever
guy that got 4 years in the White House....

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21152
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Trump

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:10 pm
well..I don't think it is a protest against the President of the US....but specifically on the person Trump.....that is IMO one of the worst ever
guy that got 4 years in the White House....
and now has openly stated that he wants the NHS on any trade deal. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 43656.html
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Post Reply