Danny Baker

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Danny Baker

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu May 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Muppet.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Danny Baker

Post by Systemsguy » Thu May 09, 2019 4:46 pm

agreed....

Honestly the BBC had no choice sacking him, I don't think he is a racist per se though but what the hell was he thinking when he posted it....

#casualracism at its finest....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu May 09, 2019 6:54 pm

I like Danny and I don't think he meant it the way it's been taken. That said, as the football supporting, son of a docker how could he have missed the obvious connotations? Now he's got the order of the Iron Boot, Silly sod. Who does he support? I heard once it was QPR then heard it was Palace which seems more likely being a South Londoner. Or is it Shitesea?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:54 pm
I like Danny and I don't think he meant it the way it's been taken. That said, as the football supporting, son of a docker how could he have missed the obvious connotations? Now he's got the order of the Iron Boot, Silly sod. Who does he support? I heard once it was QPR then heard it was Palace which seems more likely being a South Londoner. Or is it Shitesea?
Millwall, I thought everyone knew that. :?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:19 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 pm
Montag wrote:
You mean in the same way that not everybody knew that a royal baby had arrived this week? (Alleged by Baker)

By the way Freddie Starr has passed away... another beacon of liberal, balanced, intellectual thought.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:19 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Montag wrote:
You mean in the same way that not everybody knew that a royal baby had arrived this week? (Alleged by Baker)

By the way Freddie Starr has passed away... another beacon of liberal, balanced, intellectual thought.
Pretty much. I struggle to believe that someone hosting a radio show, and having a career as public figure and journalist could have missed it. Black people as primates is one of the oldest and most offensive tropes that exists and I am not having it that he didn't know.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri May 10, 2019 11:16 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Montag wrote:

And, unlike many I imagine you would consider beacons of liberal, balanced and intellectual thought, talented and funny

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri May 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Like all true Cockneys, Danny was born within the sight of Bow Street Police Station.
I like him though.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Fri May 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am
I struggle to believe that someone hosting a radio show, and having a career as public figure and journalist could have missed it. Black people as primates is one of the oldest and most offensive tropes that exists and I am not having it that he didn't know.
The obvious conclusion then is that he did it on purpose knowing the shitstorm that would ensue. I'm not sure which of these positions is less believable.

redinjun
dot.org player kit sponsor
dot.org player kit sponsor

Post by redinjun » Sat May 11, 2019 11:00 am

It took me a while to work out why it was so offensive, I expect he just forgot we live in a hyper sensitive state.

The police potentially investigating this is a crazy.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat May 11, 2019 11:15 am

There is no way he posted that as a racist gesture it was simply a stupid thing to do. His first apology was a touch arrogant I thought which didn't help.

He probably deserved to lose his job on the stupidity factor alone. Speaking of stupidity apparently several people randomly interviewed on the radio about this stated that they didn't know that Meghan is mixed race.

Freddie Starr not my cup of tea but this, in my opinion, is hilarious. [youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6JnhQxef9A][/youtube]

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:16 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

And, unlike many I imagine you would consider beacons of liberal, balanced and intellectual thought, talented and funny
There are some who think Dannny Baker was exhibiting talent and humour in his ill advised Twitter post
but do you seriously think it was acceptable?
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat May 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:

There are some who think Dannny Baker was exhibiting talent and humour in his ill advised Twitter post
I never once mentioned Danny Baker. I was referring to your quote about Freddie Starr which I thought unnecessary

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

I never once mentioned Danny Baker. I was referring to your quote about Freddie Starr which I thought unnecessary
I stick completely by what I said, I thought the man a knobhead when alive, unfunny and supremely untalented.
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat May 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 1:10 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 12:56 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:

I stick completely by what I said, I thought the man a knobhead when alive, unfunny and supremely untalented.
But this was a thread about Danny Baker why bring up the death of Freddie Starr