Dean Ford RIP

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Dean Ford RIP

Post by Montag » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Just heard that former Marmalade front man passed on New Years Eve. Real name Tom McAleese, a real down to earth guy. Very sad news. For me, Scotland's greatest band. Here's their best song IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbCjj3R-cQ
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Dean Ford RIP

Post by 222gers » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:59 pm

Yes, I read about his passing. RIP. Don't know anout Marmalade being Scotland's best.....how about Pilot, Alex Harvey band and for those that watched the wonderful Tutti Frutti series, the fabulous Majestics ! I understand that Tutti Frutti is now available on the BBC iplayer, first airing since 1987.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Dean Ford RIP

Post by Rbee » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:05 pm

I hadn't heard this news, rest in peace Tom McAleese.

'Reflections' was their best song for sure along with 'Lovin' Things.' I remember owning 'Radancer' in my youth.

I sought a greatest hits compilation in the 90's but their material was unavailable for a period of time due to 'contractual issues' something that seemed to affect many artists signed to Decca Records in the 60's.

As for Scottish bands I would chip in with Travis and Del Amitri.

Looking forward to the long overdue Ronnie Lane box set.