Boeing

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Boeing

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:16 am

Are we on the verge of seeing the collapse of Boeing the largest manufacturer of commercial aircraft?

With the complete worldwide grounding of the 737 Max it makes you wonder.

It seems their Anti Stall software has pilots struggling to control the aeroplane with the addition of two very similar tragic accidents.

For years 'experts' have been saying that pilots are forgetting how to fly being asked to become computer experts instead.

With my home computers I have worked away without problem through Windows 95, Windows 98 and XP. Only now am I cursing on a regular basis with Windows 10. It makes you wonder.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Boeing

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:41 pm

Shocking really. It would be better for most people if air travel was rationed. Causes a hell of a lot of pollution as well as congestion and helps spread diseases round the globe. A lot of it is totally unnecessary businessmen's beanos/perks. We should all have an allotment of air travel and those who don't use it should be free to sell it to those who've used theirs up. Too radical?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Too radical :D but fear not oil will run out one day.

The question is would you step on to a Boeing 737 Max happy in the knowledge they have performed a software update?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 pm

..it could be good news for Airbus then.....I often fly AerLingus to come to London on match days and they fly Airbus....whereas Ryan uses Boeing, but the previous models of the 737 though they have several 737 Max in their future orders....hopefully on hold now... :wink:

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 pm

The question is would you step on to a Boeing 737 Max happy in the knowledge they have performed a software update?
Er… no. I doubt it, very much.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Montag wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm
Rbee wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Er… no. I doubt it, very much.
Exactly and I am sure you can add some aircrew to that list. Add in compensation and cancelled orders and Boeing are in trouble.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:22 am

It gets better. Neither plane that crashed had a warning system installed that could have prevented the accidents as Boeing sold them as an 'additional safety feature.'

The system will now be installed free of charge along with their software upgrade.

It's a mad world.