Shoreham?

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Shoreham?

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Shocking verdict in this case. The pilot survived. Anyone know how?
Last edited by Montag on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Shoreham?

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Just read on the BBC that the pilot was 'miraculously' thrown clear into a ditch as the plane disintergrated. :shock:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:05 pm

So he's not guilty of manslaughter, cleared due to "cognitive impairment" ....

Shoreham airshow management are simply saying "not me guv" regarding the crash...

Who is to blame then?

Surely a ban of such airshows is now simply now in order....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Now the court case is over, the inquests for the victims can begin. They will look at the culpability of the organisers, among other things. It's not over yet, by a long way.
Locum meum praecepta mea

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Shoreham

Post by sparkypark » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 pm

It would be very hard for a jury to find the pilot guilty if no-one can point to any actual wrong doing; he was experienced, sober, doing something he had done before. The possibility of him blacking out throws further doubt over being able to prove wrongdoing.

Procedures for air shows have now changed so these sorts of manoeuvres can only be performed over the sea. That fits for the big Eastbourne air show, for example.Whether the old chaps who ran the Shoreham air show have any culpability remains to be seen.

There has not been an air show since the disaster and I don’t think there is any enthusiasm to hold it again. The guys who ran the show don’t rule it out, but I think it’s a bit insensitive to be saying that right now.

A memorial for those who died will be opening at a relatively quiet spot by the river, a short distance from the airfield and the crash site later this year. Hopefully that will give relatives some comfort that their relatives will not be forgotten.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.