Laws of the game

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Laws of the game

Post by QPR_John » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:17 pm

Just seen there is a proposal to eliminate encroachment at penalty kicks by making it pointless. Penalties in normal play will be treated as those in a penalty shootout whereby if the ball hits the goalkeeper and rebounds or hits the post the ball is deemed dead and a goal kick is awarded. So to eliminate a problem in one area where it seems the officials cannot cope changes against the spirit of the game are made elsewhere.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Laws of the game

Post by 222gers » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Every year there are slight changes to the laws but refs seem incapable of enforcing them. An easy one for them next year is not allowing attackers to join the defensive wall at free kicks. Sounds easy but I'm sure the refs will struggle with it.

This season seems to be the worst ever for refereeing standards in our league. I suppose it can't help when they have to be alert to the players' constant cheating though.

I remember donkeys years ago when refs were part timers, often policemen or small businessmen, we used to call for professional refs to improve things. Hasn't worked out that way though.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Laws of the game

Post by QPR_John » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:32 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:39 pm
Every year there are slight changes to the laws but refs seem incapable of enforcing them. An easy one for them next year is not allowing attackers to join the defensive wall at free kicks. Sounds easy but I'm sure the refs will struggle with it.

This season seems to be the worst ever for refereeing standards in our league. I suppose it can't help when they have to be alert to the players' constant cheating though.

I remember donkeys years ago when refs were part timers, often policemen or small businessmen, we used to call for professional refs to improve things. Hasn't worked out that way though.
What's the betting first time it happens and defenders complain they get booked.