Smart home...

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Smart home...

Post by DG » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:07 pm

Started with one Amazon Echo. Now have that, an echo plus, two dots, an extension speaker for one and a docking speaker for the other, a fire stick, a fire tablet, one smart bulb, seven smart plug sockets, and another 16 smart bulbs on order. Looking at a smart vacuum cleaner and door locks. It's addictive like crack. Anyone else hooked?
Locum meum praecepta mea

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Smart home...

Post by 222gers » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Not me mate....I'm a bit anti any unnecessary devices. Apart from very high end hifi and a computer. Each to their own of course. My wife bought a Kindle when they came out but I found I just couldn't get on with it, preferring the look and feel of a real book.
Same with the car which has all the usual bells and whistles, but I don't use any of 'em.

Adrian
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Adrian » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:36 am

Actually try and stay away from Wi-Fi at home as much as possible, particularly as we have young children.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:37 am

222gers wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm
Same with the car which has all the usual bells and whistles, but I don't use any of 'em.
You don't mean things like anti lock brakes and suchlike though do you? My last 4 cars have all had sat nav and it is sooo much better than having a Google route printed out and trying to follow it whilst driving. BT handsfree phone connection is also a very useful addition.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:37 am
222gers wrote:
You don't mean things like anti lock brakes and suchlike though do you? My last 4 cars have all had sat nav and it is sooo much better than having a Google route printed out and trying to follow it whilst driving. BT handsfree phone connection is also a very useful addition.
I was thinking of satnav, bluetooth, reversing warnings, all sorts of warning lights, voice activated radio etc. Just don't use 'em. I think I'm so used to driving older cars I just need the basics.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:38 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:37 am
222gers wrote:
I was thinking of satnav, bluetooth, reversing warnings, all sorts of warning lights, voice activated radio etc. Just don't use 'em. I think I'm so used to driving older cars I just need the basics.
My phone gets used a lot when I am driving so BT connectivity is an essential to avoiding points on my licence. I also have found traction control to be invaluable as I live on a hill. I don't think I could go back to driving cars where the windows are all steamed up in the rain, tyres that provide no grip, engines that refuse to start in hot weather/ cold weather/ weather in general :lol: Fuel economy alone would stop me from ever driving an old car.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:18 pm

I enjoy programming abusive messages in to my sister and her husbands Alexa.

The thought of them quietly sitting watching TV or entertaining guests and Alexa suddenly letting rip a bunch of expletives appeals to my childish sense of humour.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:05 pm

A couple of years ago, I bought a pair of 'smart' socks from Sainsbury's.
:wink:
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.