Theresa's big day

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Theresa's big day

Post by Damien » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:49 pm
TM has been handed a poison chalice for sure but you can't blame Dave boy Cam for what has happened. The EU has become increasingly unpopular since Thatcher was arse-kicked. This was always coming. As someone who was always, until recently pro European, I have to accept that what we actually have in place now is a new German Empire in all but name. Look how Greece were treated. Italy have suffered similar treatment. The EU's behaviour towards the UK is disgraceful given the history between our countries and the amount of money we have pumped into this organisation. Blair is far more culpable than Cameron as is that Dracula lookalike, Brown. Taxation without representation is vassalage is it not?
Cameron should be viewed as treasonous and treated accordingly in my opinion. For someone who fought so hard to keep Scotland in the UK, to then go and hand the Nationalist's of Scotland, Ireland and Wales an opportunity they could only dream of... will be this wankers legacy.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:06 pm

I don't know where we go from here. I'm no expert but the basics of May's deal seem reasonable. She doesn't have the maths on her side to getit through the house though. I can't see the EU making any concessions, so what on earth will happen ?

Either we drop out with no deal in place or we stay put and infuriate those that voted Leave. Interesting but worrying times.

Nw6ranger

Post by Nw6ranger » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:58 pm

The remainers and those with financial interests couldn't keep quiet and just let
TM get on with things. Obviously the EU does not want us to leave as the UK contributes too much financially. In or out it doesn't matter. They still want the working class to be praying for his next paycheck,stuffed in mega cities whilst they at the top get richer.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:13 am

It is still not too late to just forget about the whole nonsense altogether.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/03/brexit- ... le-50.html?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm

It's certainly a mess at the moment. Bloomin' MP's rejecting the will of the people so it seems.

The whole process has been way too personal in my opinion and can you imagine the reaction of some in Europe if we were to come crawling back, tail between our legs.

Too many opinions, too much scare mongering and I think when it happens, whatever it is, life will go on. Europe needs our Tourists. The French will still want to sell us their cheese and wine, we shall still want to buy it. The Germans will still want us to buy their appliances and cars and we shall want to buy them.

The greedy city boys will attempt to profit from it as they only make money when shares and currencies change price.

Not many winners from the whole debacle.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm
It's certainly a mess at the moment. Bloomin' MP's rejecting the will of the people so it seems.

The whole process has been way too personal in my opinion and can you imagine the reaction of some in Europe if we were to come crawling back, tail between our legs.

Too many opinions, too much scare mongering and I think when it happens, whatever it is, life will go on. Europe needs our Tourists. The French will still want to sell us their cheese and wine, we shall still want to buy it. The Germans will still want us to buy their appliances and cars and we shall want to buy them.

The greedy city boys will attempt to profit from it as they only make money when shares and currencies change price.

Not many winners from the whole debacle.
It's a mess because from day one the majority of politicians planned how to stay rather than how to leave. We have Vince Cable saying there should be a second referendum and while I disagree it can be argued. What cannot be accepted is his suggestion there should be only two questions, Mays deal or remain so the second referendum on the same topic does not include the question that won the first referendum. Maybe many who voted leave have changed their minds but what about those that voted leave and have not changed their minds.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Presumably the commons will reject May"s deal which will lead to Labour moving a vote of no confidence in the government. This will fail because the Brexiteers and DUP will be back on board to defeat it.
The EU have said they will not renegotiate but will let us stay in if we change our minds. Leaving with no deal, we are told, would be chaos, so I reckon either we stay or have a second referendum. Whichever, there are going to be a lot of angry people.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:03 pm

There are already a lot of angry people. I wonder how many would have voted leave knowing how much it will financially impact them in the coming years? ... and what a pack of lies they were told, including the EU money being spent on the NHS among other flights of fancy. The remainers were no better.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:03 pm
I wonder how many would have voted leave knowing how much it will financially impact them in the coming years?
Pure conjecture on your part Mike. Nobody knows the ramifications of us leaving the European Union. Nobody.

However I will concede that you do have a 50% chance of being correct :D

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:20 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
I wonder how many would have voted leave knowing how much it will financially impact them in the coming years?
Pure conjecture on your part Mike. Nobody knows the ramifications of us leaving the European Union. Nobody.

Did you not read the story in the link above? The economy has tanked since the NO vote so why would any rational person believe it will improve once we leave? If you read any reputable financial projections, none of them paint anything better than a bleak outlook for next five years plus.
This was the very first hit when I searched for a source.
https://www.ft.com/content/b3d35136-054 ... 0ad2d7c5b5

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:00 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:39 pm
Rbee wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:20 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Did you not read the story in the link above? The economy has tanked since the NO vote so why would any rational person believe it will improve once we leave? If you read any reputable financial projections, none of them paint anything better than a bleak outlook for next five years plus.
This was the very first hit when I searched for a source.
https://www.ft.com/content/b3d35136-054 ... 0ad2d7c5b5
What worries me more than anything is the way Armageddon has been put forward by remainders be they politicians or media luvvies should we leave. I wonder if there is any scenario that would in their opinion make leaving the EU a good thing. I ask because those on the remain side seem to be saying we cannot leave under any circumstances. Adopt the Euro, adopt Schengen lose the rebate we will accept it all tell us to jump and we will ask how high

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm

After the result of the Brexit vote was announced share prices fell, Sterling nose dived, but why? Nothing was going to happen for at least two years. A few folk might have panicked but it was mainly the city boys coining it in.

I have read a few articles but they are all the authors opinions and projections of what might happen. The economy might have been on a downward turn anyway. I have read other articles explaining that our trade within Europe adds a very small percentage to our GDP.

I firmly believe that nobody knows what will happen post Brexit but common sense tells me that it will mainly be business as usual as there are too many out there with too much to lose.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 pm

True, nobody really knows how the economy will perform long term outside the EU. What is beyond dispute is that trading and customs related issues would be chaotic if we leave without a deal in place.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm

So for now 222gers things would have to stay the same to avoid that chaos which would benefit nobody.

Looking long term if Europe really want to give us a hard time then they would face a backlash very soon.

Reduced British tourism to Greece would soon result in Bailout number three with Spain and Italy not far behind. Surely the numpties realise that.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm
So for now 222gers things would have to stay the same to avoid that chaos which would benefit nobody.

Looking long term if Europe really want to give us a hard time then they would face a backlash very soon.

Reduced British tourism to Greece would soon result in Bailout number three with Spain and Italy not far behind. Surely the numpties realise that.
The numpties didn't even realise that the referendum would result in a NO vote. Crediting them with commonsense is a bit of a stretch LOL