Huddersfield Town...

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Huddersfield Town...

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:28 am

Am currently oooop norf on family matters....

Went with a Spud supporting nephew to the game yesterday....

Game was ok but what was impressive was the town's fans....

Even losing the support the team gave was utterly awesome ((the noise made from ALL four stands) that even Spuds fans were impressed....

I realised again why I love the beautiful game....

Reading the bile spouted by the usual suspects after the defeat yesterday ((I would have taken a point before the match and been happy)...

I now realise how toxic this board has become and deserves less of my time from now on....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Huddersfield Town...

Post by Rbee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Perhaps overall Huddersfield's fan's expectations are low? Enjoying their time in The Premier League?

Our expectations went through the roof with Fernandes rhetoric and spending which made the crash thousands of times worse. Still recovering from it now.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Think football fans should be more like rugby club fans. Football is far too tribal for my liking. Sometimes I appreciate an away teams goal at LR or it's build up, but have to sit on my hands in case the inevitable happens. Others around me would moan that it was bad defending. Luckily I am able to see beyond the rose coloured spex at times and become a football fan as well as a QPR fan.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:05 pm

krama wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:39 pm
Think football fans should be more like rugby club fans. Football is far too tribal for my liking. Sometimes I appreciate an away teams goal at LR or it's build up, but have to sit on my hands in case the inevitable happens. Others around me would moan that it was bad defending. Luckily I am able to see beyond the rose coloured spex at times and become a football fan as well as a QPR fan.
I know I'm ancient but I can remember when it was quite common for fans to applaud an opposition goal especially if it was a fine piece of football. I have to admit I no longer do it though. When watching MOTD or somesuch, you can often see the unbridled hate on the faces of the fans when the other team scores. You can passionately support your team without hating people although the behaviour and tactics of some teams tries my patience.

krama
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by krama » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:05 pm
krama wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:39 pm
I know I'm ancient but I can remember when it was quite common for fans to applaud an opposition goal especially if it was a fine piece of football. I have to admit I no longer do it though. When watching MOTD or somesuch, you can often see the unbridled hate on the faces of the fans when the other team scores. You can passionately support your team without hating people although the behaviour and tactics of some teams tries my patience.
Can't argue with that. What annoys me more than anything is blaming your team for bad defending, when it was quite clearly an inspired move or goal by the opposition. Sometimes the spex have to come off and admire even if it hurts which of course it does, even if that is not vocalised.