WC Quarter Final Predictions

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by BiscuitRanger » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:10 am

All look to be tight games with some fascunating match-ups. Brazil -Belgium looks the pick.

I think the least fancied teams (England aside) will progress

Semi-finalists
Uruguay
Belgium
England
Russia
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Your prediction pays around 20/1.

Personally hand on heart I coudnt say I was overly confident of picking any of the quarter final winners.

I’d say in order I’ll go with who I feel the most confident

England
France
Brazil
Croatia

But like I say if any of the above were to lose it woudnt be a surprise whatsoever.

As for your prediction I’ll be having £2.50 on it because if you pull it off again biscuit & I’m not on it I’ll be gutted.

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:14 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:42 pm
Your prediction pays around 20/1.

Personally hand on heart I coudnt say I was overly confident of picking any of the quarter final winners.

I’d say in order I’ll go with who I feel the most confident

England
France
Brazil
Croatia

But like I say if any of the above were to lose it woudnt be a surprise whatsoever.

As for your prediction I’ll be having £2.50 on it because if you pull it off again biscuit & I’m not on it I’ll be gutted.
Sorry for your loss Lala
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:29 pm

No drama have a think & pick an England one out mate.

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:50 am

3-2 England
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:10 pm

Had a little tickle on Belgium had a feeling for them.

England don’t ask me how or a score but I think we’ll get passed Sweden.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4232
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:46 pm

..best team seen up to now....Belgium, Croatia and France....hoping that France does not win....
and the real final might be Belgium-France... Sweden looking poor...as Russia is...but they have home advantage..

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:56 pm

I had a wager on Belgium before the tornament but have to say they were completely outclassed by Brazil.
Brazil were phenomenal. They just happened to lose.
Play that game 10 times and Brazil win 9.
Brazil by far the best display of any team in the WC

In the words of General Aladin, England were not Amazing, they were just a little less shit (than Sweden).

Whilst I want to see England reach the final I dread them coming up against France. Based on today's performance we would be hammered. Then again, if we play the same against Croatia/Russia I shouldn't have to worry.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4987
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by Rbee » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 am

I think we have a good chance against Croatia denpending on which Croatia show up and we are not too defensive.

Belgium v France should be a corker.

Should we get through then it’s a one off game and anything can happen.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:41 am

Yes Pickford was man of the match but we also could & should have scored three or four.

The best team won there is no question & remember Sweden beat Holland to the playoffs where they knocked out Italy to reach the World Cup, got out of there group at Germany’s expense in the World Cup beat a decent Switzerland side in the last sixteen so they are no mugs.

Croatia haven’t pulled up any trees & have scraped through twice, it would have took a lot out of them physically and mentally last night, yes they will be a match for England but we have momentum no fear the best number 9 in the world the most inform keeper in the tournament so I’m still quietly confident we can pull through.

As for France or Belgium, most of both squads are premier league based so will be familiar to England & both will be tough opposition, on paper you would slightly favour both of those against us but as mentioned it’s one game one night & anything can happen.

Let’s just get there first a.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4232
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:35 am

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:56 pm
I had a wager on Belgium before the tornament but have to say they were completely outclassed by Brazil.
..sorry, but I do not agree. Belgium played a perfect tactics, defense and fast counter attacks.
They scored twice and could have been three before Brazil managed to get one.
Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku were a continuous threat.
Brazil had more possession, but mainly they passed the ball here and there and here and there and,
got few chances, adding some nice diving in the box - Neymar would have deserved at least one yellow if not two...

So not all this outclassing....

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5180
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: WC Quarter Final Predictions

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:35 am
BiscuitRanger wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:56 pm
I had a wager on Belgium before the tornament but have to say they were completely outclassed by Brazil.
..sorry, but I do not agree. Belgium played a perfect tactics, defense and fast counter attacks.
They scored twice and could have been three before Brazil managed to get one.
Hazard, De Bruyne and Lukaku were a continuous threat.
Brazil had more possession, but mainly they passed the ball here and there and here and there and,
got few chances, adding some nice diving in the box - Neymar would have deserved at least one yellow if not two...

So not all this outclassing....
I can'T stand Neymar's theatrics and if If I had my way they could review all the incidents. Maybe not straight reds but a yellow and 10 min's in sin bin.

I don't often pay much attention to possession, shots, corners stats but these do rather reflect my view that Brazil dominated the game. Their speed of passing, movement and outright skill was light years ahead of Belgium. On any other day Brazil would have scored 5.
The Belgium keeper was MOTM.
Brazil outclassed Belgium. It was just one of those days in the office
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests