I didn't know that....

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

I didn't know that....

Post by 222gers » Tue May 08, 2018 9:29 am

I always thought that in English football the drawing up of the fixture list was entirely random apart from ensuring that the likes of Arsenal and Spurs aren't at home on the same day.
I read this morning however that for the last two seasons in the Premiership, the fixtures have been rigged so that the big six don't play each other on the opening and closing weekends and also that meetings between these clubs are evenly spread through the season for the TV schedules. The big six aren't necessarily those that finish in the top six the previous season, so if say Burnley squeezed into sixth place they wouldn't be part of the arrangement.
To me this further detracts from an already shaky integrity of the Premiership. Is the Championship entirely random in fixture setting ?

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: I didn't know that....

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue May 08, 2018 11:52 am

I'm pretty sure it's not totally random. I believe the police have some influence on the timing of what are deemed high-risk fixtures, for example.

I blame George Soros. Or Tommy Robinson. It's definitely one of those two Machiavellian masterminds.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue May 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Woy Jenkins is to blame for all this and more.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 pm

If you payed billions for the rights to show football matches I’d imagine you would like a say in when those matches are played.

It’s never bothered anyone upunti now when & who plays who, so leave the powers that be to it I say.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:58 pm
If you payed billions for the rights to show football matches I’d imagine you would like a say in when those matches are played.

It’s never bothered anyone upunti now when & who plays who, so leave the powers that be to it I say.
The point is that in fairness matches should be played at the same time. This vanished with Sky changing KO times. Now they are manipulating the time of the season that matches are played. Remember the match between Arsenal and Liverpool on the last day of the season some years back ? The winner would be champions. That will never happen again as the big clubs won't play be playing each other on the first or last days of the season.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 pm

I don’t think it makes a lot of difference when you play teams to be honest.

Aguerooooo