“ The Hundred “

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

“ The Hundred “

Post by 222gers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:01 pm

The England Cricket Board's new competition. Played between “Franchises” it will be a hundred ball innings - 15 six ball overs and 1 ten ball over. The scoreboard will be simplified to make it easier for people to understand. This is cricket for the Twitter generation, they might as well call it Rounders and have done with it.

How long before cricket disappears altogether ?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: “ The Hundred “

Post by old pauline » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 pm

To be presented by Stuart Hall and Eddie Waring with jokers to be played at any time but the last over and players to wear fancy dress depicting a famous fictional character from their city.
Come on you Sooopa ........

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 am

old pauline wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:46 pm
To be presented by Stuart Hall and Eddie Waring with jokers to be played at any time but the last over and players to wear fancy dress depicting a famous fictional character from their city.
hysterical...I like your thinking, although the prospect of Eddie Waring rising from the dead to reunite with the disgraced Stuart Hall is 'unlikely'. :wink:
Question everything.

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Spanish Ranger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 am

old pauline wrote:
Eddie Waring - used to love his commentary on the Rugby League..............Will he announce every six as "an oop and oonder"

Spanish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Spanish Ranger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:44 am

Spanish Ranger wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:42 am
old pauline wrote:
Eddie Waring - used to love his commentary on the Rugby League..............Will he announce every six as "an oop and oonder"
and when a batsman's out, they can go for "an early bath"

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Cricket was invented for a more cerebral and sensitive type... like me :wink: People just don't have the attention span these days for the "beautiful game", and by that I mean the First Class game. It is definetetely in danger unfortunately.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue May 01, 2018 4:30 pm

So 15 overs takes about an hour to bowl so they are looking for a version of cricket that lasts a similar length in time as a football match. Presumably the 10 ball over would be at the end of an innings for the big finale.

Interesting concept but I can't see the crowds flock ing to that. I had to say flock ing because it changes to FLIPPING on here!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Wasn't there the option to turn the swear filter off if desired?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue May 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:30 pm
So 15 overs takes about an hour to bowl so they are looking for a version of cricket that lasts a similar length in time as a football match. Presumably the 10 ball over would be at the end of an innings for the big finale.

Interesting concept but I can't see the crowds flock ing to that. I had to say flock ing because it changes to FLIPPING on here!
I think the 10 ball over is meant to be a sort of wild card that the bowling team can put in when they think it effective. A gimmick really. The ECB admit that this competition is meant to attract non cricket fans, they even mention families. They obviously think that when older fans like me die off the game will die with us. I dunno, perhap they're right.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri May 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Why don't we just go straight to a super over and be done with the rest. If it's a tie, then break out a 5 day decider.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm

Or multi ball. . Bowl from both ends at once. Dispense with the umpires.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.