World Cup

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: World Cup

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Poland was carved up after the war too by Stalin, Churchill and Eisenhower.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:54 am

Caller into Talksort from Amsterdam talking about the trouble there saying its a British disease. Go do one, its an an English disease!!!!

I hope those genuine fans going to Russia stay away from the city centre drinking scene to avoid trouble. And those going to Russia with the intend to behave like those 'fans" in Amserdam should be cornered by proper tough rusky hoolies and beaten to a pulp and thrown into a gulag.

England hoolies have just raise the bar and the Russians must be looking forward to seeing these skinny Burberry runts.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:10 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:54 am
Caller into Talksort from Amsterdam talking about the trouble there saying its a British disease. Go do one, its an an English disease!!!!

I hope those genuine fans going to Russia stay away from the city centre drinking scene to avoid trouble. And those going to Russia with the intend to behave like those 'fans" in Amserdam should be cornered by proper tough rusky hoolies and beaten to a pulp and thrown into a gulag.

England hoolies have just raise the bar and the Russians must be looking forward to seeing these skinny Burberry runts.
So just to clarify you condone Russian Hooligans but not English?

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:11 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:10 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:54 am

So just to clarify you condone Russian Hooligans but not English?
Neither, but if they want to have a face off, which now seems likey, I know where my money is going.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:18 pm

Atleast the English fight pissed everyone gets brave after a beer, but the Russians stay sober deliberately so they’re at there best, dirty bastards they’ve got f all else to do over there but fight.

All scum tbh turning over Amsterdam was hardly brave, Russia on the other hand has got fatality’s written all over it.

Well done Sep your legacy will be well intact come the summer!

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Not sure if you saw the documentary about the Russian hoolies. They are very organised, train hard as cage fighters and wrestling. Proper tough guys. I just hope genuine fans don't get mixed up in it. If I was going, on match days I'd be out of town apart from the match and straight back out again. Any England fans on the lash in the main squares must be doing that expecting confrontation.

Do Qpr have any 'firm' as such? I know an aging Leeds hoolie who said we had a few tough lads back in the 80s and looked back with fondness over a few tussles with us.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:45 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:11 pm
Montag wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm
Damien wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 pm
I don't think any nation has ever sacrificed, or was prepared to sacrifice as much as they did in WW2.They were brutalised before the Nazi's invaded, and then the Nazi's took it a step further.You would die if you went forward, or killed by your own if you retreated. Darkest episode in modern human history - it literally was win or perish. The Poles caught in between the two sociopathic regimes deserve a lot of sympathy too, maybe even more (Catholic collaborators in the Holocaust excepted). But we would all be speaking German now if not for Uncle Joe that's for sure.Johnson is just a throwback to a long gone Empire that the "Sun did set on".
Only two countries stood up for Poland. Britain and France. France got invaded while Stalin signed a non-aggression pact with Germany. Much as I admire the Red Army of WWII, facts is facts.
Yes, but by the docs I've watched on the yesterday channel he only signed that as a delaying tactic so they could prepare for war, which A-Dolf had been building years before. Don't paint Stalin as a Saint, he sacrificed millions of men in the name of military strategy to get Germany bogged down in winter and a face off in Starlingrad.
Stalin was certainly cleverer than Hitler... even if he gave off the country bumpkin look.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:47 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 pm
Poland was carved up after the war too by Stalin, Churchill and Eisenhower.
They were betrayed by everyone. Bad geographical position did them no favours.After the war, the Western allies were in no mood for another war.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Anyone who visited Le Touquet in France before and after the Channel Tunnel was opened has seen what the English abroad can do.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Er.. I think Churchill was in favour of having a go at Russia but Truman, understandably didn't fancy it. It was Georgy Zhukov who was cleverer than Hitler. Stalin made a right balls-up of the military campaign till he let more capable people run it.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am

Montag wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm
Er.. I think Churchill was in favour of having a go at Russia but Truman, understandably didn't fancy it. It was Georgy Zhukov who was cleverer than Hitler. Stalin made a right balls-up of the military campaign till he let more capable people run it.
I'd highly recommend Antony Beevor's "Stalingrad"
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:14 pm

I’m really not too fussed about International football - certainly not England anyway.

The tournament I most enjoyed was the one that we didn’t qualify for.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:27 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:14 pm
I’m really not too fussed about International football - certainly not England anyway.

The tournament I most enjoyed was the one that we didn’t qualify for.
Living on the IoW it is generally acknowledged that most regard themselves as French like your friends in Guernsey and Jersey etc.

Do you support France at international level instead of England?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:28 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:27 pm
Living on the IoW it is generally acknowledged that most regard themselves as French like your friends in Guernsey and Jersey etc.

Do you support France at international level instead of England?
:lol: :lol:

Nothing to do with the IOW... England just bore me to tears.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Montag wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:20 pm
True, but glad he was over-ruled. Churchill for all his great leadership of the British War effort was too fond of war, and would have led us into a bloodbath. Stalin made mistakes but he was cute enough to know when to hand over the running of the war to those more capable - Hitler never did... and Germany lost a war(thankfully) that they could have won - or at least end on more favourable terms.