World Cup

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

World Cup

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Any Rangers going?
After recent events and Boris comparing Putin to Hitler I fear it will get very messy for England fans.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: World Cup

Post by dm » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Not to mention the Russian football hoolies

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:44 pm

I’d imagine Luongo will be there, I doubt Pav will get a look in as I don’t think Poland play with wingbacks.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Boris is a real statesman eh ? A huge insult to the Russian people who lost millions of people fighting the nazis and without whom the war would have been lost.
I'm no Putin apologist but Boris using such language hardly helps a very tricky and dangerous situation. I wouldn't fancy a trip over there at the best of times but especially not now.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Boris should be sacked after that comment, which is after a long list of gaffs.

Unfortunately, their hooligans are likely to be serving army personnel.

If I was going I would seriously consider cancelling, or stay hotel bound and only come out for the games. Just hope the hotel staff dont kill you.........

Do we have any Rs going that anyone knows off?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 pm
Boris is a real statesman eh ? A huge insult to the Russian people who lost millions of people fighting the nazis and without whom the war would have been lost.
I'm no Putin apologist but Boris using such language hardly helps a very tricky and dangerous situation. I wouldn't fancy a trip over there at the best of times but especially not now.
Putin's a bit of a gangster to be honest but my 1st thought was: didn't over 25 million Soviet citizens perish at the hands of the NAZIS.
But then again Boris has the intellectual grasp of a bumblebee!
Staff Benda Bilili

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 am

The man is a flipping self-serving imbecile. It's to this countries shame that he wields any power let alone as foreign secretary?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:44 am

Boris, a real life reincarnation of Barry Humphries' Sir Les Patterson "Cultural attaché".
Question everything.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 am
The man is a flipping self-serving imbecile. It's to this countries shame that he wields any power let alone as foreign secretary?
nailonhead

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 pm

222gers wrote:
I don't think any nation has ever sacrificed, or was prepared to sacrifice as much as they did in WW2.They were brutalised before the Nazi's invaded, and then the Nazi's took it a step further.You would die if you went forward, or killed by your own if you retreated. Darkest episode in modern human history - it literally was win or perish. The Poles caught in between the two sociopathic regimes deserve a lot of sympathy too, maybe even more (Catholic collaborators in the Holocaust excepted). But we would all be speaking German now if not for Uncle Joe that's for sure.Johnson is just a throwback to a long gone Empire that the "Sun did set on".

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:06 pm

English in Amsterdam today already making a name for themselves :shock:

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:06 pm
English in Amsterdam today already making a name for themselves :shock:
If there are any hoops there we can blame Reading. They have their uses.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Damien wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 pm
222gers wrote:
I don't think any nation has ever sacrificed, or was prepared to sacrifice as much as they did in WW2.They were brutalised before the Nazi's invaded, and then the Nazi's took it a step further.You would die if you went forward, or killed by your own if you retreated. Darkest episode in modern human history - it literally was win or perish. The Poles caught in between the two sociopathic regimes deserve a lot of sympathy too, maybe even more (Catholic collaborators in the Holocaust excepted). But we would all be speaking German now if not for Uncle Joe that's for sure.Johnson is just a throwback to a long gone Empire that the "Sun did set on".
Only two countries stood up for Poland. Britain and France. France got invaded while Stalin signed a non-aggression pact with Germany. Much as I admire the Red Army of WWII, facts is facts.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm
Damien wrote:
222gers wrote:
Only two countries stood up for Poland. Britain and France. France got invaded while Stalin signed a non-aggression pact with Germany. Much as I admire the Red Army of WWII, facts is facts.
Yes, but by the docs I've watched on the yesterday channel he only signed that as a delaying tactic so they could prepare for war, which A-Dolf had been building years before. Don't paint Stalin as a Saint, he sacrificed millions of men in the name of military strategy to get Germany bogged down in winter and a face off in Starlingrad.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm
Damien wrote:
222gers wrote:
I know Britain and France declared war after Poland was invaded... to their eternal credit.Unfortunstely they were no match for the Wermacht. I was making the point that Poland was carved up and brutalised by the two biggest tyrants this planet has ever seen. Also to the Red Armies shame, they stood by and did nothing while the Nazi's raised Warsaw to the ground killing 200,000 in the process. They just watched it unfolding. I find the second world war both unendingly fascinating and chilling in equal measures. Hopefully we'll never have to go through anything similar.