1,238

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

1,238

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm

The attendance at Blackburn v Bury tonight.

Ex Premier league champions 31,000 capacity stadium pushing for promotion & they get 1,238 through the gate.

I’m staggered by that I had to look twice when I read it, I know it was on the box but just over a thousand people turn up for a Blackburn league home game.

And I thought we had issues with 12k for home games.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9722
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 1,238

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:56 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm
The attendance at Blackburn v Bury tonight.

Ex Premier league champions 31,000 capacity stadium pushing for promotion & they get 1,238 through the gate.

I’m staggered by that I had to look twice when I read it, I know it was on the box but just over a thousand people turn up for a Blackburn league home game.

And I thought we had issues with 12k for home games.
Dont believe everything you read, mate.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 7324
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Location: Swine Down

Re: 1,238

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Missed a zero off and they should be 12380. They would have more than 1238 season tickets holders and those figures are in the attendance figure whether they turn up or not. They average 12k.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: 1,238

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am

I watched the game and it looked empty, I checked the att on four seperate media outlets and they all have it at 1,238 so you tell me.

User avatar
DG
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6275
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:45 am

Re: 1,238

Post by DG » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Locum meum praecepta mea

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6804
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: 1,238

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:20 am

DG wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am
https://www.rovers.co.uk/matches/fixtur ... 17-feb-18/

12038
Good enough for me thanks

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9722
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 1,238

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:54 pm

DG wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am
https://www.rovers.co.uk/matches/fixtur ... 17-feb-18/

12038
Fake news. I blame George Soros.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
DG
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6275
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:45 am

Re: 1,238

Post by DG » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:28 pm

Image
Locum meum praecepta mea

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9722
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 1,238

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am

Talking of attendances, Reading had 6,769 the other night for a Championship game with Sheffield United, who brought 730. So just over 6K home fans.

I know it was very cold, but that is dismal.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6233
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 1,238

Post by QPR_John » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am
Talking of attendances, Reading had 6,769 the other night for a Championship game with Sheffield United, who brought 730. So just over 6K home fans.

I know it was very cold, but that is dismal.
If you were in Reading that night you would understand why

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9722
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: 1,238

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Obviously I wasn't. Care to enlighten us ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6233
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: 1,238

Post by QPR_John » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:03 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:33 pm
Obviously I wasn't. Care to enlighten us ?
Yes it was a barmy night almost tropical so many people opted for late night swarays rather than attend a soccer encounter

Post Reply